|Chapter 13|

The car swerved on the curb and Kent was full on yelling. There were three Jeeps behind us and they weren't slowing down.

"Careful! Careful!" I shouted at Michael.

I looked back at Kent's shoulder, my eyes going wide. His skin was starting to turn black and more blood was gushing out of the wound. It was puffing up and it looked like it would explode any minute.

I dug the knife deeper into the wound, scrapping the bullet out. Kent screamed and hit his head against the window, cracking it.

The car swerved again, causing me to slide in my seat. I groaned, the leather seat pressing up against my thigh.

"Michael!" I yelled. I looked on the seat and only saw half of the bullet out. I picked it up, quickly dropping it back on the seat.

"Jesus! That's hot!" I rubbed my hand against my shirt.

The bullet was starting to turn red and I picked it up. It burned my hand and it felt like it was melting. I rolled down the window, throwing the bullet.

A loud piercing sound echoed through the air before there was an explosion. I jumped back, my eyes wide. A jeep shot up in the air before coming back down on fire and in pieces.

"What's in that bullet?" I asked.

"Mostly explosive charges. They break in two when tampered with." Michael said. I looked at Kent and saw he had the knife in his hand.

"Wait, Kent!"

He plunged the knife in his shoulder, a cry slipping out his lips. I wrapped my hand around the blade, trying to pull it back out.

"No! It's going to explode in my body!" I tried to pull it out, but he was too strong. I slapped him, causing him to let go of the knife. I pulled it out, the blade drenched in blood.

"Calm down. I'm going to get it out before that happens." I said.

He clenched his teeth and nodded. I scooted closer to him and pressed my hand against his shoulder. I pushed the knife in, trying to find the other half of the bullet.

"Where are we going?" I heard Kade ask.

"I don't know yet. I'm just trying to lose them. Maybe I can lose them on the highway." Michael said. I focused my attention back to Kent and the knife in my hand.

The tip of the knife scrapped the bullet, but it was too far down in his skin for me to get it. I cursed and pushed it further in. He slammed his fist on the seat, closing his eyes.

The noise from the other half of the bullet sounded through the car. Kent started to panic as I tried to get the other half of the bullet out.

"Hold on!"

The car did a sharp turn and the blade jerked inside Kent's shoulder. He screamed and I fell back, the bullet popping out of his wound. I sat back up and grabbed the bullet, throwing it out the window.

It exploded too soon and the blast hit the side of the car, causing the car to skid to the side. I fell forward, falling on Kent. I yelped in pain.

The car started to tip over, making my eyes go wide. We were on spaghetti junction and the car was seconds away from joining the fallen cars below.

Kent pushed us off the door and to the other side of the car. He held me to him and made sure not to put his weight on me.

The car tilted back to the side and it lurched forward, building back up its speed.

"Are you okay?" Kent asked. I looked up at him and nodded. His eyes were droopy and blood dripped onto my shirt from his shoulder.

"Yeah." I breathed out. He moved off of me and back to his side of the car. I sat up and looked behind us.