|Chapter 41|

The room filled with silence and for a minute, I thought he had left. I glanced back and saw he was just standing there, his gaze never wavering. His face gave off confusion and his eyebrows were furred.

"What?" He whispered. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the window.

"Push me," I repeated. The sun had set by now and the cool wind blew against my frame.

"No. I'm not going to kill you, Zoey. Have you lost your mind?" He asked. A sad smile made way on my face.

"Maybe. You have to kill me. Before it's too late." I carefully placed my right foot on the window seal and grabbed the pane of the window. Missing fragments of the glass were on the floor and in the window.

"Zoey. You don't have to die. I've seen it. Now come down from there. I don't want my event to play out how I saw it." He said. I looked out at the night sky and blew out a breath.

Wait. How does he know I'm up here?

"You're not blind." I stepped down off the seal. I turned to him and glared.

"You can see me, can't you?" I asked. He shook his head no.

"No, but I'm able to." He said. There goes that feeling again. Curiosity.

"How?" I asked. He smiled and the sight had me almost forgetting that I wanted him to push me out a window. He held his hand out and I stared at it.

"Come on. I'll show you." I shook my head, stepping back. My foot slipped on the broken glass and I could feel myself falling backward.

"Zoey? Zoey!"

My eyes were clamped shut and I could feel the remaining glass in the window break as I fell through.

"You think you can just kill yourself? How selfish of you."

My eyelids slowly opened and I saw I was still positioned between the window. I looked up and saw Kade reaching out to me, but he seemed to be frozen in time.

"What the..."

"Look at me." I stood up straight and walked back into the room, looking in front of me.

"It's you," my eyes went wide and I could feel my hand twitch.

The figure that I saw in the hall smiled and leaned on the dresser. Its teeth were razor sharp and I could see the mane of hair going down their back. Their shape was like an hourglass, meaning it had to be a woman.

She didn't have a face. The only thing I could see was her mouth and the rest was a pit of blackness.

"When I finally get to see what the big fuss is about, she decides to try to throw herself out a window. " She said angrily. That voice.

Evil.

Vicious.

The whispers.

"Are you one of the prescients that hates me? That... wants to kill me?" I asked carefully. I glanced back at Kade and saw he was still frozen.

"Of course not. I'm the one that is going to help you kill the boy." She muttered. I looked back at her.

"Who?" I asked, a bad feeling settling in my gut. She has to be talking about Matt, right? Her head moved up and the feeling of eyes beaming into mine had me shivering.

"The boy. Captain of the children prescients." My eyes began to go wide, but I remembered something.

Matt isn't the captain. He's the commander. The only person she could be possibly talking about is...

"You're talking about Tyler?" I asked.

"Yes. The boy." She said, sounding irritated. For some horrible reason, I felt relieved. Relieved she wasn't talking about Matt.

"Why do you want me to kill him?" I asked. She sat on the end of the bed and patted a spot next to her. I crossed my arms over my chest, narrowing my eyes at her form.

"Talk." I gritted out. A hum echoed around the room as she nodded.

"Okay. I'll talk. This is what's going to happen. I'm going to help you kill the boy and you're going to kill Gregory." She said. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"I was already going to kill him," I muttered. She stood up and started walking towards me. I took a careful step back, pushing my hand out in front of me.

"You won't be able to. Matthew is going to change. No matter what. He will alert Gregory about your whereabouts and what will happen. He is going to change the events."

My heart dropped and my hand slowly began lowering. What?

"Yeah, I know. Don't bother giving me the 'that can't be' speech. It's true and it's going to happen. So shut down your feelings and let's get to business." She said, her hand started to move in front of me and she was beginning to disappear.

"Wait!"

My hand shot out at her, trying to hold onto something. Heat crawled up my skin and I quickly pulled back. I hissed in pain and held my hand to my chest.

"You could have burned your hand off. Better be careful." She whispered.

"I have a question." Her form reappeared and I blew out a breath. Her hand gestured for me to continue.

"If I kill Tyler-"

"When you kill him." I clenched my fist.

"What am I getting in return?"

Her form suddenly vanished into thin air and I looked around, confused. Something pressed against my back, making me gasp.

"How about an early birthday present?" Her voice had gotten deeper and more hostile than before.

"Okay...?" She turned me around and I saw she was smiling.

"Okay. Jump out that window." I stared dumbfounded at her. What did she just say?

"Excuse me, what?" She sighed and her grip began getting tighter.

"I said jump out that window." My eyes trailed over the broken glass and the open space in the wall.

"Oh, come on! Don't tell me you don't want to jump now. Fine. I guess you won't get my help."

Her hands left my shoulders and she moved out the way.

"Wait! Geesh." I shrugged, looking out the window.

"If this helps, then I'll do it," I said. She smiled and vanished.

"Jump, Zoey." A cold breath fanned my neck, but I knew for sure no one was there. I stepped on the window ledge and grabbed onto the side.

"And... action!"

A/N
Hey readers! I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to start updating The Prescient on WEDNESDAY. I'm still going to update Friday as well. I hope you're enjoying the book. Comment, Vote, and share. Thanks again. Bye-bye!

-lilchay13