|Chapter 37|

I struggled against the restraints but stopped when I remembered something.

"Go ahead. Kill me." I spat. He can't hurt me. It's only an event.

He made his way to the desk and sat down, his brow raised.

"I'm surprised she hasn't shown up yet. I don't think she will come for you. Not after she's found out what you are." He said. What is he talking about?

"She will come. I know it."

My head snapped to the side and I could feel my heart jump.

"Matt?" I whispered. His blonde hair looked a little longer and I could see dry blood trailing down the side of his head. He pulled against the restraints, his pale skin red with marks.

His clothes were different. He was dressed in all black. A uniform.

"Well, I hope she does. I'm tired of waiting around for your sister." Gregory said, leaning back in the chair. Matt scoffed, a sound I was surprised to hear.

"Maybe you should hide while you can. Because when she gets here, she will kill you." He threatened. A smile stretched over Gregory's face.

"Is that so? I can't wait to see her try." He spat, standing. I gritted my teeth. He walked around the desk and stood in front of Matt.

"You can't hide your prescient forever, Matthew. Soon, it will show and then the true killing can begin." He sneered. I pulled against the ropes, glaring at him.

"Sir," Gregory looked up at the door and I turned around.

"What?"

"A group has caught Zoey." My eyes went wide. Gregory hummed and walked past me.

"See there, Matt, that's what I call teamwork. Something that you will need to learn if you don't want to die around here." He walked out the door with the soldier and closed it behind him.

I pulled at the ropes, anger consuming me. That bastard. They caught me? Where and how?

Sniffing got my attention and I looked over at Matt. Tears fell from his eyes like a waterfall and I could feel my chest tighten.

"Matt. Hey, Matt." I whispered, wishing he could hear me. He cried and cried. I looked down at the ropes and started to pull harder.

"I wish you were here, Zoe." I stopped and listened to Matt's hard breathing.

"Things would be different." He whispered. A rip sounded and I looked down. The ropes laid on the floor, burnt to a crisp.

I stood up, rubbing my arms. I made my way to Matt and laid my hands on the ropes. The harsh material snapped and I could see Matt jump.

"Come on, get up." I rushed out. He looked around puzzled.

"Don't mess with the event!" I jumped, startled and looked around.

"Who's there?" I asked. Matt moved out of the chair and smiled.

"Is that you, Zoey?" He asked. My full name caught me off guard and I stepped back from him.

"I know that's you, Zoe." He said quickly. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Step away from him! Now, Zoey!" The voice yelled again. I turned around, confused.