|Chapter 31|

We walked silently in front of the soldiers and I kept my eyes on them, making sure they didn't attack us.

After I told Conner about my event, his face held amusement. Out of all things, he was amused about himself and I dying. He just turned around and resumed talking to them and soon enough, they agreed to hear us out.

I glanced at them. This seems a little fishy. I mean, they were positive they wanted to shoot us, but now they were agreeing to hear us out.

They said the guys are safe. At that, Conner just shrugged and whispered, "Maybe my event was wrong."

Yeah. Maybe.

"Stop right here." We stopped and a huge, black door opened. Lights streamed all throughout the small like building and I could see a few soldiers walking here and there.

"Go. You can speak to Sergeant Haines." A soldier said. His brown eyes were slit into daggers and I stepped away from him. Conner grabbed me by my forearm and pulled me with him.

"Stay close." He whispered. I nodded. We trailed behind the brown-eyed man and I could feel the heated glares from the soldiers on my head.

"You guys are bold thinking you could just waltz through here. An outpost filled with us." The brown-eyed man hissed. I could feel myself get angry.

"This was not our original plan. Trust me." I spat. He laughed, the sound infuriating.

"I bet. You things want to kill everything in your sight. From your family members to a stranger. It is just sick." He said.

His voice dripped with hate and I couldn't help but wonder what exactly have prescients done to... regular people?

Are we even human? Of course we're human. What else could we be? Prescients, but that's not a spe-

"Only for a good reason." Conner finally had said something since we've been walking. The man glanced back at him with a disgusted look.

"Good reason? Right."

He stopped in front of a door and there was a slit on it. He knocked and the slit opened to reveal a pair of green eyes. I almost jumped back, the sight reminding me of someone.

"Face." A gruff voice said. The brown-eyed man looked back at us and then turned around. He tilted his head to the side and I could only see a faint mark of some sort.

The slit closed before the door opened, revealing a tall man.

"Well, come in. I don't have all night."

We trailed in behind the man and I saw Kent sitting in a chair while Cain and Michael stood against the wall.

I glared at Cain, his eyes set on me.

"I'll deal with you later," I whispered. He shook his head, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Now. What bring things such as yourself to my outpost?" My eyes darted to the man they called Sergeant.

His green eyes narrowed at me, but they weren't swimming with the usual emotion I would get from the other soldiers. He looked curious.

No one made a move to speak up and I could feel the heated stare of someone on my head. I glanced to the side.

"Thank you. You can leave." The Sergeant said. The brown-eyed man gave me one last long look before leaving the room.

"I asked a question." He said. I looked at Conner and he moved his head down. I blew out a breath. I guess I'll talk.