|Chapter 35|

My head whipped around to him and I found myself narrowing my eyes.

"How do you know Matt?" I asked. He eyes shined a bright brown, causing me to gasp.

"I've been dreaming of him ever since January first. He is the weapon that can destroy us all." He whispered, crunching the chips.

His voice had gotten deeper and I could feel a dangerous feeling creeping up my spine.

"The weapon? What do you mean?" I asked. He looked behind me than behind himself.

"He was made to kill us. The prescients doesn't stand a chance against him. Gregory will activate him and he will use him as he was used hundreds of years ago."

"Woah, woah. Hold up," I chuckled nervously. What is this kid talking about?

"Hundreds of years ago? Matt is only eight. You make no sense." He looked shocked.

"You don't know?" He asked. He gestured me forward with his hand. I walked up to him and bent down.

"Children that are prescients stop aging. We don't look over ten. Matthew Green is our leader. He is the first child prescient to ever live." He whispered.

My eyes went wide and I began shaking my head.

"No. That... no. Matt isn't over a children army. This is crazy." I started standing up, but his hand reached out and grabbed me. He had a hard glare on his face.

"Listen to me, Zoey. Does it sound like I talk like an eight-year-old boy? I am older than your generation and Perry's combined." The kid hissed. Or whatever he was. This is getting creepy.

"So... Matt is really a leader of an army?" He nodded his head. I blew out a breath, falling the rest of the way to the ground.

"You mean to tell me, he isn't a foster kid that my mom and I took in?" I asked. He frowned and nodded. It felt like my heart was breaking.

"Why?" I whispered. Tyler's eyebrows creased.

"Why what?"

"Why did he come into my life? Why is he here? Why am I here trying to save a boy- an old boy- that can take care of himself? What am I doing?" I asked. I could feel tears well up in my eyes.

"He was sent to protect you, but... he grew attached. We didn't expect this to happen, but it did. Somehow, he became completely human again. He is an eight-year-old boy, who loves you." He sat down beside me.

"All this time..." I trailed off.

"Don't stress yourself out about this." I looked down at him, glaring.

"Stress myself out? I just found out my brother, who I've been killing to save is some big shot prescient commander of children. He is a fake. A copy of..."

"What?"

My mind wandered to what my dad told me.

"My little brother. What happened to him? Mom was pregnant?"

"He died." He whispered.

"Why wasn't I meant to remember?"

"You can't plan the future by bringing up the past, Zoey."

"Matt planned this," I whispered. The little boy sighed.

"We knew you wouldn't try to do anything about Gregory unless someone you loved was in danger. Your mother wasn't an option at the time so we had to make a plan."

I stood up, my hands balled up at my sides.

"So you made mom get a little boy to make it up. You needed me to grow attached to him and you waited four years to come back. But now, he is defenseless because he grew attached to me. Now you want me to save him." I gritted out.