|Chapter 48|

The door shot open as I stepped up and I walked through it with my head held high. More soldiers littered the room and as they looked at me, I could feel a sense of excitement run through me.

"Yay. More people to kill!" My voice sounded stronger. Powerful.

Their eyes held fear and they opened fire. I smiled, walking forward. Their bullets dropped to the ground as soon as they left the barrel.

"What is happening?" One of them shouted. I stomped, a wave going through the floor. Their legs broke from the intense vibration and they fell helplessly to the ground.

"Do you see what you've been missing out on? What I can show you?" She whispered in my ear. I nodded, smiling down at their crying faces.

"Zoe!" My ears zeroed in on the voice and I looked down the hall and saw Matt being dragged away by Gregory. My smile dropped and so did my peppy attitude.

His blonde hair was disheveled and dirty along with the blood that dripped from his head and out of his nose. His arm looked broken and happiness along with upmost fear swirled in his eyes.

"Matt." The whisper of his name left my mouth and I could feel pure rage fill me.

"Gregory!" I shouted. My voice echoed around us and it was so loud, the brick walls cracked. He turned to look at me and for a split second, I saw fear. Raw fear showed on his face and I felt the need to see it again.

Him fearing me would be my cake and him dying would be my icing.

I began walking forward and I ignored the cries of the soldiers. Some of them had died already from blood loss and the rest weren't too far from that themselves.

Gregory turned around and began running with Matt. I picked up speed, sprinting down the hall. I could hear my heart in my ears and the sound of it had me pushing myself harder.

He made a sharp turn down the hall and I skidded to a stop. My eyes went wide.

"Welcome to my home, Zoey Archer."

My body buzzed with pain and I fell to my knees, my skin crawling. Gregory stood faced towards me with his hand outstretched.

"You..." I chocked from the feeling of my lungs crushing in my body.

"Yes. I know. I'm a prescient. An advanced prescient. I have been for a while now." He held Matt to his side, his arm around his neck.

"Zoe!" He screamed. Tears started to well up in my eyes.

"It's... okay, Matt. It's... okay." I pushed myself up, glaring at Gregory.

"Why?" I asked. He smiled.

"Do you feel powerful, Zoey?" My eyebrows creased, but I nodded.

"How about invincible or-- or indestructible?" He asked. I nodded, my confusion growing with my anger.

"What are you getting at?" His smile dropped and his arm tightened around Matt's neck.

"Just imagine that us advanced prescients could rule the entire world, but have to share it with those regular prescients. They don't deserve it!" He shouted.

My hand gripped my chest, the pressure on my lungs disappearing.

"They get their prescient from a whim of trust, but us? Oh..." The smile appeared back on his face.

"It's the bloodlust for us. We crave it. The kill. The blood. The screams. The cries. You can't even deny it, Zoey." His words brought a hum out of me.