|Chapter 49|

Boop. Is that another late update? Pfft. No...

I walked forward and the soldier to my left tried to fire his weapon.

A crack sounded and soon his body hit the floor. I continued moving. Their necks snapped as I walked between them and Gregory glared at me.

The sound of their bodies hitting the floor made me smile. It sounded... sweet. A bullet hit my arm, but I didn't wince nor stop. Gregory's eyes began getting wide and he turned around, walking through the door.

His body stopped as if he changed his mind and turned to me. The last soldier hit the ground, his head pointed towards me.

"It's just you and me, Gregory. Let's finish this." I spat. He smirked.

"Fine." My body flew back and I crashed into a nearby table. I groaned, slamming my fist on the ground. He stumbled.

"I've been craving this moment for so long," I said. I stood up and crashed my body into his. We fell to the ground and I straddled his waist. My fist slammed into his face several times, causing his eye to swell up.

He pushed me off of him, sending me into a wall. My body went through, the brick scratching my skin. I coughed, blood splattering the floor.

"Zoe?" I looked up and saw Matt's eyes. They looked a little darker and I could see purple specks making way in his irises.

"Say no, Matt! Whatever you--" My body lifted in the air and I looked down.

"I should have killed him when I had the chance! Now I'll get to kill him in front of you!" He pushed me back and I slid across the floor.

"Zoe! Don't hurt her!" I looked up and saw my vision was blurry. I coughed, my body aching.

"Oh, I won't. I'll kill her right after I'm done with you." A strangled scream filled the room and I blinked.

"No! Don't!" I screamed.

Matt was plastered against the wall and Gregory was smiling at him. I pushed myself up, sending a silent wave at Gregory. His body slipped and hit into the brick wall, making it crash down.

"I give in! Take me! Whatever you have to do!" I yelled.

"You don't. Give in to me, Zoey. Let him go." My eyes locked on Matt and I saw he was staring at me.

"I- I don't want to hurt him. Please." I strained out.

"That's up to you."

I looked at Gregory and saw he was standing to his feet. I glanced at Matt one last time, my eyes taking in his features.

"If I hurt you, Matt, I'm so sorry. I love you so much." I said. I stuck my hand out and brought them down. Gregory fell to the ground.

"I want you to run, Matt. Don't stop. Don't come back. There's a man named Kade. I want you to find him and stay with him, okay?" I could feel my heart slowing down.

"What? I'm not leaving you, Zoe."

"Go! Now!" I shouted. The purple in his eyes began to slowly disappear and he gasped.