|Chapter 43|

My eyes zeroed in on the road ahead of us as Conner drove almost a hundred miles per hour. After Tyler's little declaration of how he is supposed to kill me, I knocked him out. I was going to kill him, but then it hit me:

He's useful.

He knows something. I can see it in his eyes that he isn't telling me everything. I can't even rest for a few hours without something else popping up.

I coughed, covering my mouth. I pulled my hand back and saw blood. A lot of blood. Crap.

"Are you okay, Zoey?" Conner asked. I ignored him, staring at the blood.

Blood.

The sea of blood.

Me drowning.

Flashes began hitting me in my eyes and I covered my face, the light painful. A scream made its way out my mouth and I could feel my body shaking.

"She's having a seizure! Pull over!"

Elizabeth's face appeared behind my eyelids and I could see her neck snap and the sight of it almost made me vomit. Did I do that? No. I didn't. I couldn't have.

"Give me some water! Hey, Zoey. It's okay. Calm down. Calm down." Someone cradled me to their chest and from the buzz, I knew it was Kade.

Michael's body flew away from mine and landed against a car. I could feel myself gasp. What did I do? What did she do to me?

"She's hot. I need water. Now!" Kade shouted.

"Let them go, Zoey. They're baggage." Her voice echoed in my head. I shook, anger fueling me.

"Get off. Now." I whispered. My eyes opened and I could see Kade looking down at me. His eyes were their regular white and I could feel more anger course through me.

Gregory did that to him. Gregory has my brother. That prescient did something to me. She made me kill Elizabeth.

I could feel my chest rising and falling faster than usual and my nails dug into my palm, almost drawing blood.

"Get. Off." I repeated. He released me and I stood up, looking around. Michael stepped away from me, fear evident in his eyes. I felt hurt.

I've never seen Michael fear something and as he looked at me with that written all over his face, I couldn't help but get angrier.

"Where are you?" I yelled at the sky. No one moved or made a sound. I could tell I looked like a crazy woman from how they were looking at me. I brought my gun out of my waistband and I cocked it, sticking it to my head.

"Woah, Woah. Zoey." Kent stepped up. I shook my head. There's only one way to get her to show.

"You want her to live, don't you? My prescient? Then come out! Or I will put a bullet in my head right now!" I shouted.

"You're smarter than I took you for." I slowly turned and saw that disgusting creature standing beside Kade. I jerked my head to the side as she tried to touch him and his body slid away from her.

"What did you do to me?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I made you better. Fewer feelings, more focus. It's good for you." She said. I shook my head.

"You made me kill an innocent girl! That is not good." I placed my finger on the trigger and I could visibly see her body stiffen.

"Zoey put the gun down." Her voice had gotten deeper like before and I smirked.