9: The Morning After

"Jewls? Are you down there?" Isaac's voice chimes from the top of the basement stairs.

Jewls slowly opens her eyes and realizes that she's on the couch in the basement and that the sun is up. "Yeah I'm down here," she rubs her eyes and as they adjust she realizes that her head was just resting on someone's arm.

Isaac runs down the stairs and Jewls tries to stand up before he sees, but her body does not move quick enough.

"What the hell?" Isaac asks,"Mason? What is he doing here?"

"He was here at the party last night," Jewls explains.

"Yeah I remember you two kissed," he laughs, "Wait you guys didn't...?"

"No! Gosh no," Jewls exclaims.

"Oh okay thank God," Isaac sighs, "Everyone from the party left like four hours ago."

"Really? What time is it?"

"Nine AM," Isaac answers.

"Then why are you still here?"

"I said I was going to stay to help clean up, remember?" Isaac jokes, "How many drinks did you have last night?"

"I didn't have that many... or so I don't remember having many..." Jewls trails off.

"Wow and how do you end up in a boy's arm?"

"I wasn't went we first came down here... we were just talking about school and how we were gonna go bowling today on opposite sides of the couch," Jewls explains,"Then we started watching a movie. To be honest I don't ever remember resting on his shoulder."

"Maybe he scooted towards you when you fell asleep?"

"No, I don't think he'd do that... he has a girlfriend, remember?" she mocks him.

"So what? I saw the way you two looked at each other after that kiss," Isaac winks at her.

"Shut up! Now let's go upstairs before he wakes up," Jewls says in a whisper.

"What? Why?"

"So we make him think he left on his own," Jewls says as they walk up the stairs.

Esmerelda searches for cereal in the kitchen as Jewls and Isaac enter the room. "What happened to you last night after the game?" Isaac asks.

"What do you mean?" Esmerelda says.

"Where did you go, you like disappeared," Jewls says.

"Me?! What about you?" Esmerelda questions.

"Oh she was downstairs wrapped in Mason's arms," Isaac laughs.

"What?!" Esmerelda exclaims.

"Not wrapped in his arms just leaning on one of them..." Jewls corrects, "Now what about you?"

"Well my evening was clearly not as interesting as yours, but it was interesting. Who knew Noah was actually pretty sweet and deep?" Esmerelda says, "We went to the backyard to look up at the stars and we just talked about Mr.Dorzen and Noah figured out I liked Mr.Dorzen... that's when he left."

"Well that sucks!" Isaac says.

"No it didn't because he said he understood and that I shouldn't drop the idea too quickly."

"Well I think you should," Jewls chimes in.

"Why?" Esmerelda asks.

"Oh I don't know... let's say he likes you and then asks you on a date. What are you gonna tell mom and dad when they ask where you're going?" Jewls questions.