18: Friday Night (Jewls)

"Hey Danielle," Jewls says answering the door. "Thank you so much for doing this."

"Don't worry about it. Isaac is coming too. And Avery should be here soon."

"Okay my parents left about an hour ago and won't be back til tomorrow morning. Thanks again."

"Girl we got yo back," Danielle laughs, "Now go cause Mason is waitin outside."

Jewls walks outside and Mason stands at the bottom of the steps with his hands behind his back.

"Hi," Jewls says as she walks down the steps.

"Hey beautiful," Mason smiles sheepishly, "I got you something."

Mason pulls out a single rose from behind his back making Jewls blush. "It's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you," Mason smiles.

"Thank you so much," she sniffs the rose.

"Let's go," Mason sticks out his arm for her to grab.

Jewls locks her arm in with his, but after a few steps she stops. "Is this gonna be weird?"

"What do you mean?"

"We're best friends, we should be comfortable like old times," Jewls says.

"We are still best friends, but it's not like old times," Mason says.

Jewls creates a disappointed face and asks, "Why not?"

"Because of this," Mason puts a single finger under Jewls' chin and lifts it up and kisses her gently, "If it were old times, I wouldn't be able to do that."

Jewls blushes and grabs Mason's arm again.

"So if this isn't like old times I'm guessing we're not going to the park to watch you skate on and off the picnic tables?" Jewls giggles.

"Well I guess it is like old times, we are going to the park, but not to watch me skate."

They walk arm in arm giggling about old times from freshman year and middle school and after about fifteen minutes arrive to the local park.

"Okay we're here, what are we doing?" Jewls asks.

"Follow me," Mason pulls her over to a big weeping willow and behind it under the weeping branches is a blanket with a basket set on top.

"A picnic?" Jewls asks, "But it's dark."

"I already thought of it," Mason pulls out two candles from Yankee Candles and lights them up.

"Cinnamon Apple?" Jewls asks. "It's my favorite."

"I know."

"But how?"

"I remembered," Mason looks away shyly.

"From seventh grade when we went to Yankee Candle?" Jewls asks.

"Yeah, even then I took notice in you, but you didn't seem interested so I just stayed close."

"Aww that's so sweet, and I'm sorry sometimes I can be a little guarded."

"Yeah I noticed," Mason says making them both chuckle a little.

"So...?" Jewls asks awkwardly.

"So? We don't need so. 'So' is a word people say to fill in an awkward silence and whenever I'm with you there is no awkward silence."

Jewls smiles, but doesn't know what to say.

"Don't worry I'll be asking lots of questions tonight," Mason assures her, "We'll have lots to talk about. But first lets eat!"

IM SORRY IT TOOK WAY LONG, BUT EVERYTHING GOT SOOOO BUSY... HOPE YOU'RE STILL READING AND PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE A STORY I CAN COMPLETE... JUST COMMENT IF YOU SEE A MISTAKE AND YEAH SORRY FOR MY SHORT CHAPTERS.