14: Fantasy vs Reality

"Hey why was Jewls so close to Mason?" Serenity asks Esmerelda.

"I don't know," Esmerelda says, "I think she likes him, but she won't admit it. That's why we made them kiss on the weekend."

"What?! They kissed?" Serenity asks in shock.

"Yeah it was truth or dare slash seven minutes," Esmerelda laughs, "And he took her bowling yesterday."

"So they're going out?"

"No not yet anyway, it wasn't suppose to be a date. But looking at it now I guess it became one."

The two start laughing and Mr.Dorzen comes over to them and say, "Hey Esmerelda I need to talk to you about some upcoming events, is that alright?"

"Yeah okay," Esmerelda gets up and walks to the hallway with Mr.Dorzen.

"Of course I don't want to talk to you about upcoming events," Mr.Dorzen sighs.

"I figured," Esmerelda laughs. "So what did u want to talk about?"

"I don't know what came over me earlier. I uh mean... when I..." he trails off almost ashamed.

"Kissed me?" Esmerelda asks in the same tone.

"Yeah," he answers beginning to twiddle his thumbs, "Well this is one of my first jobs as like a teacher and all, you know?"

"Yeah."

"Well can we keep it kinda on the low? It wasn't suppose to happen and if someone finds out... and if you tell your parents," he lists on running his fingers through his hair in a stressed manner.

"Hey hey Mr. calm down," Esmerelda says, "I'm not gonna tell anyone. One, I don't want you to get fired and plus my parents would kill me and I could lose any possible scholarships. No one is going to find about it. I promise."

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much!" He pulls her into a hug.

"Uh I don't think we should be hugging," Esmerelda sighs knowing that she doesn't want to let go.

"Oh uh I guess you're right," Mr.Dorzen laughs nervously, "Uh," he sticks out his hand and she shakes it.

Their eyes lock for a moment and their hands stop shaking. Esmerelda feels a surge of nervousness go up her arm and spread through her body.

Mr.Dorzen feels a surge of sudden desire and pulls Esmerelda into him and their lips lock together. Both eyes drift close and the two embrace each other.

"Hey Essie? Where the hell did she-" Jewls comes walking out of the band room into the hallway, but before she could catch them Esmerelda pulls away from Mr.Dorzen.

"Oh forget it I found her!" Jewls yells back into the band room, "Uh.. sorry was I interrupting something?"

"Uh.. no. We were just finished talking," Mr.Dorzen says walking back to the band room.

"Oh great. I just really need to talk to Esmerelda," Jewls says.

Mr.Dorzen disappears without a word and Esmerelda asks,"What did you wanna talk about?"

"Oh well I have to tell you something that's pretty crazy.." Jewls trails off,"I think I like Mason like really like him."

"Well duh it's so obvious!" Esmerelda laughs out, "You two were close ever since the weekend and you two can't keep your eyes off of each other."

"Seriously? It's that obvious?"

"Uh yeah!"

"Well at first I truthfully didn't what was going on and I swore I didn't have feelings for him at first."

"You two should just go out already."

"It's not that simple and I don't like being hated... I don't think Saphira is just gonna say hey here take my boyfriend I'll take him back whenever I feel like it."

"Oh you're right, maybe this won't go smoothly," Esmerelda says, "But hey I think it's love. When I saw you two together you can just feel the sparks."

"Really?"

"Yeah. And if it really is that strong it's worth fighting for. You've got him and Saphira doesn't stand a chance," Esmerelda laughs.

"Wow I think you're right," Jewls says surprised, "That's actually really good advice. Since when did you become a love expert?"

Esmerelda's face turns red and she says, "I'm not I'm just looking out for you."

"Okay well thanks," Jewls runs back into the room and Esmerelda exhales loudly from fear. That was way too close... what would people think if they found out? What if he got fired? What if she couldn't go to college? Would it even matter? Maybe it might be worth it, after all she did say love was worth fighting for...