17: Secrets

"Ready for school?" Esmerelda asks Jewls.

"Uh yeah I guess," Jewls says.

"Oh look it's Mason. Wait a second is he waiting for you?" Esmerelda asks in a high giggly voice.

"No! He's probably just there," Jewls says defendingly.

"Whatever lets go," Esmerelda laughs, "Let's go see your boyfriend."

"Shut up!" Jewls pushes her. Then coming from the teacher parking lot is Mr.Dorzen and she smiles, "Ooo speaking of boyfriends look who's coming."

Esmerelda feels her face heat up, but she realizes that Jewls is noticing and quickly says, "Ew shut up! Are you kidding me, he's a teacher that's illegal!"

"Well if Mason is my boyfriend then Mr.Dorzen is yours," both girls fell into an awkward silence.

"Oh hey girls," Mr.Dorzen calls to the girls.

"Hey Mr.Dorzen," Jewls laughs nudging Esmerelda.

"Uh, Mr.Skythe wanted me to talk to you and the other drum majors about some upcoming events," Mr.Dorzen says awkwardly.

"Well you don't gotta tell me twice," Jewls says, "I'm gone, my boyfriend is waiting for me anyway."

"Okay see you later," Mr.Dorzen waves her away.

"Is she going out with Mason?"

"No she's being sarcastic since I was messing with her earlier," Esmerelda says.

"Oh okay," Mr.Dorzen says, "Speaking of people going out, I wanna take you out again."

"Already?" Esmerelda laughs, "Someone's anxious."

"Well no, I mean yeah... I mean I am- a little," Mr.Dorzen stutters like an idiot, "What I mean to say is that I had a great time the other night and I want to show that I can be the prince."

"Okay Dimitri," Esmerelda smiles as she raises an eyebrow, "What did you have in mind?"

"Well how about Friday?"

"Friday sounds good." The second the two reach the door of the school the two give each other a sad smile, turn away from each other and act like they don't even know each other, which is very hard since they both want each other badly.

-In The Band Room-

"Mason are we gonna be in trouble for being over here before homeroom?" Jewls asks nervously.

"Don't worry Jewls, the bell's gonna ring in like five minutes. I just wanted you alone," Mason replies.

"And why would you want that?"

"So I can kiss you all I want without anyone sayin anything," he walks over to Jewls and quickly pecks her on the lips.

Jewls blushes and says, "Did you tell anyone about us yet?"

"Not yet, why?" He asks. "I mean I would like to, but I wanted to know from you if we should.."

"Go public?" Jewls says, Mason nods in agreement. "Well yeah... about that, I'm not sure I wanna go public yet. I mean my parents would be upset that I didn't come to them if they found out from someone else and Esmerelda..."

"I totally understand," Mason says, "And babe I don't want to push you into anything you don't want to. As long as I get to see you everyday I'm happy. Now that we're sort of a thing, can I take you on a real date?"

"Aww really?" Jewls blushes, "I mean of course you can! What did you have in mind?"

"How about this Friday?" Mason asks. "Not sure what were gonna do yet, but we'll figure it out."