14. Black

Words: 1544

Black. That's my favorite color and it has always been my favorite. It represents so many things, in so many ways. Espacially my soul.

The sun has begun to set and the air is getting colder by every minute that passes. The sky is shifting between yellow, red, purple and dark blue. It's beautiful. A cold breeeze passes by, making my hair move and my cheeks to turn to a shade of pink. I put my head between my hands and gaze towards the woods.

The woods are both a beautiful but also dangerous place. The nature is magical and mesmerizing. I've always loved the forest, I think it's fantastic. It holds so much power. Sometimes to much power...

The pack is sitting inside eating dinner, chatting to each other and mingeling. I'm sitting out here because I couldn't stomach the food today and especially not with her sitting in his lap, kissing him, hugging him, I just couldn't stand them.

This morning was terrible. The way I treated him and the others, it was rude and mean. I don't know what's gotten into me. I've been like this since I came here. This place is turning me into a bad person.

The guy that I had been fighting this morning is sitting in there with his friends. He hasn't said a word since he left the field and I feel awful. He didn't look me in the eyes when he left the field this morning and I don't blame him for it.

With my thoughts flying around in my head, I stand up and brush the dirt of my butt. The way up to the house isn't so long, only fifty meters. I take long strides to the main door and open it, carefully. My feet carry me into the dining room.

People don't notice me and I continue to search for the guy that I got into a "argument" this morning. My eyes land on the guy and he's sitting in the back of the room with his friends around a table. I study him for a few more seconds and he's very quiet and down.

I start to walk towards the table in the back and it's now that people start to notice my presence in the room. I keep my eyes on him the whole time that I'm walking over to them. My feet stop right in front of their table and they turn their heads in my direction. When they see that it's me they slightly bow their heads in submission.

"Um... Can I talk with you for a second?" I ask the guy. His brown eyes meet my ocean blue ones and he nods his head, standing up from his place.

We begin to walk out of the room, when I bump into someone. Gwen, this must be my lucky day. I look up and meet her eyes. They're filld with anger. I try to walk away from her, but she grabs my arm in a tight grip and brings me back. Our eyes lock again and this time I'm not backing away. She provoces me in ways that nobody can, but I've always kept my anger and feelings on the inside.

"If you hurt anybody in our pack again, you'll regret it" she says and tightens her grip around my upper arm and then lets go. I don't react to what she just said to me, I just brush past her and the guy does the same. But  bows his head towards her. Why would he do that? It is not like she's the.... Luna? His Luna?

We are walking towards the lake, nearby the pack house. He's walking behind me and he hasn't said a word to me. I guess it's quite hard trying to talk to someone that you got into a fight with. We stop in front of the big lake and I sit down, gesturing for him to do the same. He soon sits down slowly about a meter away from me. I cross my legs and sigh.

"I'm sorry" I say out in the open in a low and sorrow voice. He doesn't respond to what I said, he just sits there quiet, breathing in and out slowly.

"I'm sorry for treating you like that this morning. I don't know what has gotten into me" I say and look out over the still lake. The moon has begun to raise and the sky is completely black, only the stars and the moon can be seen abow us.