44. Borders

Marcus' POV

(didn't check for grammar mistakes)

Words: 601

"We need to strenghten our borders" The proposals flout through the air, from the left and the right. But nothing seems to be the right option. 

The queen and the king are sitting in the room, on their thrones, listening to what everybody has to say about this matter.

"No, we should continue as we were"

"I agree"

"I disagree we shoul-"

"Stop" The sweet and low voice of my mate vibrates the stern air around us. She sits at my side, crossing her legs and sending out a calming feeling. 

The majority of the people who sits in this room are men. Grown, grey-haired men who thinks they are abow everything else, except the king and the queen obviously. We still live in this closed society. Where women are considered less worthy then men. Which I think is absolutely bullshit. 

"My solution is that we and when I say we, I mean the hybrids, should train the guards and the royal warriors since we know how to fight the undead" 

"That is rubbish!" 

"We shall teach you how to deafeat them because there is a way and I promise you that you will not conquer the ones that wants to harm you if you don't listen to me" Her voice echoes through the hall with a hint of venom. Making sure everybody understands that she's not playing around.

They came for something today and it was not peace. It was blood, our blood. They came to spill it and they did, or some of it at least, two of our guards were lost today. No more blood shall be spilled. The room is filled with silence, a silence I haven't felt in a long time. You know the silence who tells you that everybody understand but something is off and I don't like it at all.

*************

Olivia's POV

The wet muddy ground colide with my feet as I pace through the depth of the forest. I hold my breath as I jump over a lodge who laying across the path. The cold air fills my lungs as I head towards the lake. A sweet and intoxicating scent make me stop and turn around. Marcus' golden brown eyes lock with mine. The grin playing on his lips breaks out in a smile and he starts to run towards me. My body automatically turns around and I take off running with Marcus close behind me. I can almost feel his heavy breathing on my neck. 

We come to a stop at the foot of the lake and he comes up behind me, putting his arms around my waist and planting a kiss on my neck. I shiver under his lips and I can feel his smirk on my skin. My eyes flicker over the lake and we're the only ones here. The warm water of the lake evaporates infront of us and you almost can't see the other side of the lake. 

I rest my head on Marcus' chest as we both stare out over the lake in silence. My lips turns into a smile as the thought comes to my mind. I pull my shirt over my head and let it fall to the grownd.

"Olivia, what are you doing?" Marcus puts his chin on my shoulder.

"Going for a swim"

*************

Sorry for the short chapter guys!!!! Will be publishing as soon as the next one is finished:)

Love, Ebba