Fredrick Chase

A/N THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2.1K VIEWS! When I reached 2K I cried. You guys mean the world to me! As usual, all rights go to Rick.

Frederick

I am Fredrick Chase. Father to Annabeth Chase. And today she is coming to visit. I know that I haven't been the best dad ever... but anyway, I am excited! We have been cleaning up the house, non-stop! (A/N HAMILTON!) I hear the doorbell. That must be her!

"I'll get it!" Bobby shouts. I sigh and clatter down the stairs.

"Whoa! Who are you?" Matthew asks. I look at the door. In the doorway stands two teenagers. One is Annabeth. She is not the little girl she used to be. The other is a teenage boy, who looks vaguely familiar.

"Annabeth is that your boyfriend?" Bobby asks, rudely.

"Annabeth. How lovely... to um... see you?" Helen, my wife, says awkwardly. She and Annabeth didn't have the best relationship.

"Why don't we come inside! Helen made cookies!" I say. Two minutes later, we are on the couch.

"So Annabeth? IS THIS YOUR BOYFRIEND?" Bobby asks, insistently.

"Yes, this is my boyfriend, Percy Jackson." Annabeth says, unblushingly. PERCY! This tall handsome man is that little scrawny kid from a couple years ago? Wow.

"Wait, Annabeth. When did you get a boyfriend?"

"About a year ago." I feel stricken. A YEAR AGO!?! And she never told me.

"How come you didn't tell me?" At this, Percy pouts.

"Yeah Wise Girl! Was I not important enough?" Annabeth laughs and gently slaps Percy.

"You know you are very important." Their faces turn serious and they intertwine hands.

"Annabeth, answer your father! How come you didn't tell us?" Helen practically shouts. Annabeth's face turns harder than steel.

"First of all, I am seventeen. You will not address me in that tone. Second, I didn't tell you because I didn't want to. It is my life, I can control it. Third, two months after the Titan War ended, Percy disappeared for months. Then, there was another huge war. Percy and I we fell into living hell. I can't say it. It is where monsters go to die." My mind flashes back to college where I learned about Greek Mythology. Tartarus. My baby girl fell into Tartarus. I gulp.

"Tartarus," says the insensitive side of Helen. "You fell into Tartarus?" Annabeth squeezes her eyes shut and recoils into Percy. A lone tear leaks from one of her eyes. Percy glares at Helen. Whoa. The glare wasn't even aimed at me and I am still scared. Helen sinks back into the couch. Percy turns back to Annabeth.

"Come on Wise Girl. We are going home. Come on Annie... Blackjack is waiting... We can get donuts!" Percy leads Annabeth out of the house. But right before he goes, he looks back.

"If anyone of you hurts Annabeth, you will pay..." I look back, knowing that Annabeth is in good hands. 

QOTD: Which is your favorite book in the PJO and HOO series? My favorite is the PJO series is the Last Olympian. My favorite is the HOO series is the Mark of Athena. 

Goodbye People of the Earth and Mount Olympus!

-Thalia <3