Jules Karono

A/N Hey Guys! Happy Birthday Percy! Sorry this is so late! If you didn't read the note on my profile I am in Hawaii and wrote this on the plane with no WIFI! So I couldn't publish it! Also, in this chapter Percy uses the dam joke, so just a warning. This chapter is for Basketball-girl . All rights go to Rick Riordan!

Jules Karono

Hi, my name is Jules Karono and you could say I'm, well different, than other people. I'm a demigod. I know right! Crazy! You might be thinking, WOW! I want to be a demigod! Yeah... no. Imagine being chased by things with vicious claws and pointy teeth two times your size every five seconds. Oh, and they want to kill you and cook you up to eat. Still want to be a demigod? I don't think so. Yep, that's my life. I am a daughter of Apollo. I have two classic Apollo features, the bright sky blue eyes and a perfectly tanned skin. But from my mom I inherited long wavy brown hair and my height. Let's just say I'm not short. I'm 5'6 and I'm 12 years old. Oh gods, hold on...

A few moments later...

Sorry 'bout that! A hellhound just tried to attack me. Anyway! Enough about me! You are all probably wondering how I met Percabeth. Here's how:

I stare at my mother blankly. "You're saying I'm half Greek god?" I have no clue what to do with my hands, so I point awkwardly at myself and then shake then strangely. "I didn't even know I was GREEK! How come you never told me!? This is ridiculous! You can't just turn my world upside down without warning me! Dad was a god? It's my life, I can control it!" I take a breath for air, planning to rant more, but Mom intervenes before I get the chance.

"Honey, I know it was a lot to take in, but yes, your dad is the Greek god Apollo. I never told you because I thought it wouldn't affect your life. But evidently your dad was right. Gods... I hated when he was right! He always got a bigger head afterwards!" I clear my throat. "Sorry Jules."

"Well, what's going to happen? How can we prevent this?" I ask, needing answers. Judging from the queer expression that comes over my moms face, I'm not going to like the answer.

"Apollo told me when you turned 12, monsters would start to attack. He promised me, he would protect you-" I cut in. "Which evidently he didn't." "Jules please don't interrupt! But yes, he didn't. Apollo told me if somehow he didn't protect you, there was this camp. A special camp for demigods. The camp is protected with a magical border. No monsters can get into it. You would learn how to fight, defend yourself, heal, and climb. You would be with other demigods. Your half siblings." I felt my face grow cold.

"I'm not Apollo's only child?" I ask. Mom gave a bitter laugh.

"Heck no. That's part of the reason I stopped dating him. Anyway, back to the camp idea. Would you want to go?" I blink and rethink the question. I want to learn how to defend myself and the no monsters sound pretty good.

"Sure! When do we leave?" Mom sighs.

"Jules, honey. I think you misunderstood. I can't come."

"What!? WHY!?!?"

"No mortals are allowed," She says wistfully.

"Then I'm not going!" I couldn't go without Mom. And I couldn't leave my school or friends!

"Juley Jules," Mom uses my nickname. "You have to! I don't want you to die! Remember this morning?" I did remember this morning. This morning I had been attacked by a pack of corn spirits. You know, the normal for a New Yorker! Where do you find a farm of corn in Manhattan? Back to the present Jules. You have a decision to make. I run to hug Mom, tears threatening, hot, to spill out, a hard knot in my throat. She embraces me with no hesitation, stroking my hair. I breathe in her scent. Cinnamon and peppermint with a hint of Victoria's Secret.

"I have to go," I say.

"Then let's get you packed up."

The next morning...

"Here's some money," Mom hands me a roll of cash. "You can take a taxi to camp. The address is in the front pocket of your backpack." I hug her one last time, this time letting the tears overflow. "Oh, and a little present." Mom hands me a bow and a quiver of arrows, which I sling across my back. "Your dad left them here by accident, and I feel like you need a weapon."

"Thanks Mom," I say while wiping my eyes.

"The tips of the arrows are celestial bronze, which is a metal that can only harm monsters, demigods and gods. I was considering giving you a knife, but since you did competitive archery I thought this was the better choice." I nod, not trusting myself to speak.

"Will I ever see you again?" Voicing the question I have been wondering about ever since last night.

"I don't know Juley Jules, I'm new to this too."

"What are you going to tell my teachers and friends?"

"I'm telling them you are transferring schools made to help people with ADHD and dyslexia." I nod and hug her one more time. Mom tugs on the end of braid.

"Bye my big girl. Bye Juley Jules!" For once I don't mind her baby talking me.

"Bye Mom."

Naturally you would think everything would go well after that. I got into the cab, told the driver the address and played the license plate game by myself. Nope! That's what you get for being a demigod! We were stuck in traffic on the L.I.E. and O was examining the strangest license plate ever (CUL8R) when the driver turned around. Except it wasn't the driver. It was this half bat half demon... thing.

"Um..." Was my brilliant response.

"Hello Jules," The demon bat, which I am going to call the Bemon, said, stretching out the s at the end of my name. I nocked and arrow in bow and pointed it straight at the heart of the thing.

"What are you?" I ask.

"It does not matter because you are about to become chopped demigod!" The Bemon lunged so fast I didn't have anytime to react before it was right in front of me. I let the arrow fly, but it went crazy, hit the roof and rebound onto the ground. I flung open the cab door, banging it into the CUL8R license plate car, which was a blue car with dents in the hood that looked suspiciously like hoof prints. Agh ADHD! Stay focused! I turned around and shot another arrow but the Bemon just flicked it away and hit me across the head. I hit the concrete hard. My head ached and the Bemon started to get fuzzy, when all of the sudden two people, a boy with black hair and green eyes and a girl with blonde hair and grey eyes, appeared out of the CUL8R car. The boy was holding a sword and stabbed it into the Bemon, who exploded into a pile of yellow dust.

"Dam Furies! Stop picking on new demigods!" The boy muttered under his breath. The girl's mouth twitched before she rushed over to me and helped me sit up.

"Percy! Do we have any ambrosia or nectar?" The girl asked urgently. Mom explained what that was yesterday but I couldn't quite remember. Percy rummaged in his bag.

"No! Sorry Annabeth!" Annabeth cursed in Ancient Greek.

"What's your name?" Percy asked not unkindly.

"Jules." I managed to get out before the world turned blue and went upside down. Annabeth and Percy each had 7 eyes, but the last thing I remember before blacking out was a golden bow floating above my head.

Did you like it? Goodbye People of the Earth and Mount Olympus!

<3 Thalia