Chapter 20

Zachariah

I was still sat hunched over the laptop searching for ways to treat myself when this bloody job is over.

I wonder how long it would take for our team to crack the code and find out who these bad guys are really and and where there boss is located. I know it won't be long but I seriously was losing it after just 2 weeks with Sara. She was so bipolar. One minute we are good and the next minute she is completely different. I wonder what goes on in that mind of hers.

I look up at the clock and know that Sara will be coming for her prayer any minute now and as predicted she follows in not a minute later.

She just simply walks in and heads straight for the bathroom without a pause or a glance. I choose to ignore this and carry on searching for something good on the Internet.

A page of apartments crop up and I run my hands through my hair when It takes a while to load.

Sara comes back out of the bathroom to retrieve something of hers and then makes another dramatic exit back into the bathroom.

I made a mental note of never to get married in the future. This was the first and last time I will ever take up a job as a bodyguard/ husband.

I hear the bathroom door open once more and out comes Sara dripping in water. I don't look up and I'm pretty sure she doesn't either. I hear her move around until she hits the prayer mat where there is absolute silence. I couldn't stand the calmness so I get up and stretch. It felt so good after I had hit the gym after such a long time. My body was still sore a little. Just the way I like it.

I glance at my phone for any more messages.

Amir had an escorting job today so I probably won't find him free for the next few days. It's such a pain staying in this bloody room with nothing to do, no one to speak with.

The screen finally loads and I sit back down scrolling down slowly for anything that caught my eyes.

I know I have to stay by Sara yet this was the second time I was looking into nearby apartment's. Everything of course was super expensive around this area. Sara's family was fortunate enough to be able to afford such things. Although they were going through a tough time they seemed to still be blessed in many other ways.

"Here." I hear Sara say as she steps away from the prayer mat. I turn around and understand that she was asking me to pray. I nod and go into the bathroom to make my wudhu. 5 minutes later I am done praying and when I turn around to see why Sara is so quiet she is once again listening to her ipod and has a book in front of her face.

Great. So she is still mad at me for some unknown reason. She wouldn't even tell me why!

I get up and go straight to her bed and just stand in front of her and she finally takes out her ear phones.

"Is there something you need?" She raises an eyebrow bringing down the book to her knees.

"I've been thinking about Spain." I begin.

"Oh well that's good." She remarks sarcastically plugging her ears in but not before I snatch it our of her hands.

If she was going to be stubborn then so was I.

"I've been thinking about what happened in Spain and I've come to a conclusion that it's best if I prepare you for any future attacks."

Something changes in her expression and her eyes suddenly widen and her face goes a shade pale. I know I have her full attention now.

"What do you mean future attacks? Do you think that it will...happen one day?"

I see that gloss of fear in her eyes. The one she makes when she awakes from her nightmares.