Chapter 1

(Edited- First draft)

Ana POV:

I was running deep into the forest, unaware of the direction, I just wanted to get away from them. I could feel the cool breeze brushing through my face and with the sky void of moon and stars I couldn't really see anything. My wounds were aching badly but I couldn't stop, knowing they are just behind me.

My breathing has started to become laboured and I was feeling dizzy. It wasn't too long before I collapsed and fell hard on the forest floor. A pain shot through my side and I could feel the warm liquid in my mouth. A howl broke out through the woods and the thudding sounds of paws could be heard. I laid there knowing I am going to be killed very soon and I don't even know why?

2 days ago:

It's been a whole month since I moved here. It's a small town called Mystic moon and is a haven for nature lovers. I was in charge of the grand opening of the resort but let me tell you it's not an easy task. I am a final year student of event management and this event hold marks for my final assessment.

Ana!

Ana!

Analia Wilson!!

My colleague Mia was wavering her hands in front of me. "I have been calling you for 5 minutes now. What are you thinking about? Well, forget that we have to complete the preparations. Hurry up!! The event is tomorrow and there is still so much work left to do".

Meet Mia,my flatmate. She is 20 years old, with gorgeous green eyes, raven black hair and flawless tan skin. You might get an impression that she is a model rather than an event organizer. She is also a final year student but from a different college.

This year the authorities decided to pair students from different colleges and give them an event far from their respective cities. They said it was done to test our efficiency to work with other people in unfamiliar places. I swear they just want to make our life miserable.

We stood up from our usual spot at the diner. It was a small cosy place named Dave's diner. It famous for selling mouthwatering cheeseburgers and chocolate shakes. Ever since we moved here, it was a regular thing to come and enjoy their food.

We headed back to the event site after paying for lunch. It wasn't until late night that we returned to our apartment. Mia and I were sharing a rented apartment which was 15 minutes walk from the site.

Our apartment is a fully-equipped 2bhk flat on 4th floor. It would have been expensive but Mia has some connections, who got us this place in such a low rent. Our landlord is a good old man but I think he is afraid of Mia cause whenever she is around he would run in the opposite direction. The only way of communication between them is through me.

Upon reaching our apartment, I went straight to my room. We have a big day tomorrow and I want to be ready for it beforehand. So after taking a quick shower, I changed into my pyjamas.

It had been a warm day so I opened my window to let the cool night air in. I always enjoyed living by nature and the view of the forest from the window was amazing. I always watch these woods before going to sleep but today as I was looking at it, I saw something.

At the edge of the forest, there was a person pacing back and forth. His movements were making the leaves crunch under its weight. I tried to see who was there and what was he doing in the woods at night? Being on the outskirts of town, this area was usually silent at night. So why would someone be here at this time?

Being a curious person, I was about to call him and ask, but he suddenly disappeared. It was very creepy and I had a gut feeling something was wrong about him. I have to talk about this tomorrow to Mia and to the apartment security as well. For now, I have to focus on the event. Securely closing the window, I set the alarm and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to my alarm blaring at half-past Seven. If it would have been another day, I would have happily ignored it and sunk into my bed covers for a quick nap but today was the big day.

Sighing I got up and went to the bathroom to freshen up and shower. It was around eight when I entered the kitchen to prepare coffee. Opening Mia's bedroom door, I found her still sleeping. It was very obvious that she was not a morning person.

"Mia Get up..Come on girl... I have your coffee with me."

"Go away Ana"

"Come on get up, the event is today, we can't afford to be late".

She woke up instantly with hairs sticking out in different directions and gently rubbing her eyes. After handing her, her favourite coffee, I went to get ready. She was going to need time to tame that hair.

We just have to add the finishing touches and overview all the preparations. Walking into the closet, I took out my outfit for now. A black semi-formal lace dress with black heels. Seeing myself in the mirror, my dress seems to compliment my slightly tanned skin. I was of an average height of five feet three inches with curves at right places. My makeup consisted of a black eyeliner to make my blue eyes pop and a nude shade lipstick. In all honesty, I was never a fan of heavy makeup. Tying my Caramel brown hair in a ponytail, I was ready to go.

I entered the kitchen again while going over the lists on my iPad. It was Mia's turn to prepare breakfast. The breakfast table was filled with scrambled eggs, french toast and fruits. We ate and I mentioned that I saw someone near the woods last night and the creepy feeling I got of being watched. She tensed for a bit but then said not to worry about it. It might be my imagination as there's no one brave enough to go near the woods.

I understood why she is saying this. In the past one month or so, we have been here, I have heard stories of people gone missing in the woods or news of wild animals attacks. Searches have been conducted but so far there were no results, so we have been warned not to go near the woods for our safety.

The sound of my ringtone startled me out of my thoughts. It was the resort manager's call. We were told to report there by nine-thirty, so we quickly locked our apartment and went towards the resort.

*********

Hey guys,

How was the first chapter? Do you like the beginning?

I would love to hear your feedback.

Please Like, Comment and Share.
Thank you!!!

- Sonal