Chapter 25

Ana's pov:

The next few days I made my distance with Amy. Whenever I see her, I avoid her as much as I can. Kaiden had been very protective after that day so he appointed two guards with me at all times. Not that I had guards before, but they didn't follow me everywhere in the pack house like they did now. 

I had spent most of the time in my room and that was when I read the letter. I used the method mentioned in the treasure book; Lemon juice and heat. It was very hard to take lemon without anyone noticing in the kitchen or my guards but I was successful. I locked the bathroom door and opened the shower so that everyone would think I was showering.

Next I squeezed the lemon in a small bowl and used cotton buds to spread it on the letter. After that I plugged in the hair dryer and carefully blowed it over on the letter. The words appeared in red ink and read as:

Dear Human Luna,
I know you are capable of reading this letter that's why I used this trick. You see, I love to play games when there is a good opponent.
Anyways coming to the point, you have been creating quite a trouble for me. I was angry when you escaped from my rouges. Then, you fled the mall with your pack mutts. After that, I made several attempts to capture you but your mate always intervened and protected you.
At first I liked the chase but now I am getting irritated and bored. So be a good mate and Luna, and surrender yourself to me willingly or else I would attack you pack and take you forcefully. You wouldn't want their death to be in your name, would you? The choice is yours. Also Keep in mind that if you tell your mate or anyone about this letter, the consequences will be unbearable. See you soon.
- Alpha Gavin.

Upon reading that I got scared. I wanted to tell everything to Kaiden but as soon as I saw the pack members laughing and playing through the window, I just couldn't anymore. I have to make a plan or find a good time to tell him.

The next day I was taking a stroll through the garden when I caught a bad smell. I gagged and threw up on the side. Kevin and Jason, my two bodyguards were helping me. One was holding my hair and the other was rubbing my back. I heaved for some time then settle down on a nearby bench.

"Are you alright Luna?" Kevin asked.

"No, it's okay. But what is that smell?"

"There are so many smells here Luna which one are you talking about?"

"The one near that purple flower." I said pointing towards it. He went and took few sniffs around it.

"There is no foul smell here Luna." He sounded confused and looked around it.

"I think I ate something bad. Let's go back. I will be fine after some rest."

"As you wish Luna, do you want me to call the Alpha?"

"No, he will be busy. Don't bother him. I'll sleep it off." I said, suddenly feeling tired.

We went back to the bedroom. They both stood guard outside while I made my way inside. I pulled the blanket and stepped in and covered it back to my head.

I woke up to absolute silence. The bedroom was dark, illuminated only by the moonlight. I saw a silhouette standing in one corner. I was 100% sure it was not Kaiden.

"Hello, who's there? Kevin? Jason?"

I notice the sudden chill in the weather as it moved towards me. I backed away from it and made a run to the door. I opened it to find Kevin and Jason unconscious. I looked back to the figure that was slowing making its way towards me taunting as an animal would play with its prey before killing it. I was dreading it to be my fate as well if I didn't move now.