chapter 28

Ana pov:

"Now that you all know who I am let's get down to the business, shall we?"

"Finally you had the courage to show us your face after keeping us here for months." Bianca sneered in his direction.

"Ah lovely Bianca, my first prisoner. I heard you are having withdrawal symptoms. Missing your mate and mate bond?"

"Go to hell."

"Oh no dear, I am not going anywhere but you all lovely ladies are."

"Where are you taking us?" Emily asked him.

"Look they are so excited to be out of here," he said to the woman beside him. The woman smiled and looked at him.

I observed the woman and saw that a black mist was surrounding her. Her dark charcoal eyes were glancing at every girl until they landed on me. She tilted her head and smirked in a disturbing way. Everything about her screamed to be sinister.

"So as I was telling everyone here before I got rudely interrupted," he threw a menacing look at Bianca and Emily and continued," All you humans have an important role in my plan. Olivia here is an oracle. She helped me handpick you guys," he gestured to the woman. The other girls gasped on hearing this.

"What do you want from us? Why are we here?" Sophia pleaded.

"Girls why do have to interrupt my speech. I am getting to the point. Humans are so impatient, it's really disappointing." He said in a mocking tone.

"Kill us and get over with it, will you. Nobody is interested in your winning speech." Grace remarked.

"Don't disrespect me. I am an Alpha." He threatened.

"We are not wolves or in your pack, you freak. You are just a kidnapper to us." Emma scoffed.

"You see I want to become the alpha of all the alphas. A king that rules over all the packs and in order to receive that power over the alphas, I have to make a sacrifice of eleven human mates of werewolves from each pack. Now the question is: how do I get to know which human mates will be the most beneficial to my plan and how to get them?" he made a thinking face and in the next second grinned.

"I found the answer in my beloved Olivia. She approached me or rather saw me in her vision first. She saw my potential and decided to serve me. She helped me find your locations. The rest of the work was done by my rouges. It's funny how you all got here in exchange for some money."

A pair of footsteps sounded from the stairs and a minute later Kate appeared.

"My king," she made a bowing gesture in front of Gavin," Everything is prepared for the ritual."

"Kate, nice of you to join us. You will be rewarded for your help in capturing the Luna. where is she? Ahh, there you are, Ana, right? I heard your Mate has gone insane. Such a shame. Alpha is always so possessive of their mates but doesn't worry as soon as you are dead, Amy our Kate's daughter will replace you."

"Kaiden would never take a bitch like Amy as a mate. He loves me but you won't understand that cause you are a heartless monster." I spat at him. King my foot! He does not even deserve to breathe.

He yanked my door and entered in the cell. I immediately backed up against the wall. His eyes were red meaning his wolf was now in control.

"You will be punished for talking to me like that you filthy human," he said in much deeper voice than his.

"Guards, bring her to the grounds and tie her to the pole.  Whip her till she is unconscious and make sure everyone watches it." He said to the guards that were standing behind him.

I was terrified. Why do I have to open my mouth? But the others retorted too so why I am the only one getting punished?

I was kicking and screaming all the way the guards took me to the grounds and tied my hands to one of the poles. It seems to be their training ground. Soon other rouges, my cellmates, Kate, Olivia and Gavin gathered around me in the circle.

"I could hear the murmurs of the people that were here to watch and help in my punishment. I knew once it started my screams would fill the area.

"Listen, everyone, we are gathered here today to watch this girl's punishment as she disrespected me, your Alpha. She will be whipped until she learns her lesson. It is also an example of all those who think they can disrespect me and get away with it."

"Guards please remove this girl's shirt. I don't want to ruin it and spend any money on her." The guards quickly came forward, undid my shirt and tossed it to the floor. The other guard brought a whip and handed it to Gavin. He cracked the whip behind me causing me to flinch.

As soon as the whip touched my bare back, a searing pain covered my whole body. I screamed from the pain and fell down on my knees.

"GET UP!!!" he shouted and roughly taking my elbow, he yanked me up. The tears were streaming down uncontrollably. I would scream at his every stroke.

The blood dripped down my body and landed in puddles on the ground. Pure agony filled me and I knew I couldn't hold it anymore. I was losing consciousness and wished I could die now. But it was not possible. Gavin himself said that he needed to teach me a lesson but he couldn't afford to lose his sacrifice. How ironic that he wants me alive to kill me tomorrow.

I woke up to the coldness sweeping on my body. I was alone and still tied to the pole. The night has fallen and the whole area was lit by the moonlight. I looked up to the moon and winced at the movement. My body was sore and in pain. I saw my shirt lying a few feets away from me. I tried to use my legs but couldn't reach it.

A guard saw and came to me while I struggled to reach my shirt. He took the shirt and tossed it to me. I mumbled a thank you because I know that if there was someone else, he wouldn't have helped me.

"I could only do this much. It's good that we are alone now cause if anyone saw this, then they would have killed me."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked while wrapping the shirt around me tighter.

"Some of us obey him for our mate's safety while others for money or a rank in his pack. It's not easy while he has eyes everywhere. Plus we are afraid of his Oracle."

"What is your name? I can free you if help me escape. My mate is an Alpha."

"I am sorry, Miss. But I couldn't take a risk with my mate's life. My hands are tied."

He stiffened and turned around to look towards the building.
"Someone's coming, I have to go. Tell me your mate's pack name and I'll try to send a message to them."

"Thank you, it's Alpha Kaiden of Midnight blue pack."

He nodded and left swiftly. I laid down on the hard ground and circled around the pole to keep myself warm. Soon enough two guards came and untied me, lifted and carried me back to my cell. All this time I kept quiet besides few groans of pain here and here.

I couldn't just rely on that guard. I have to plan an escape if Kaiden didn't get word from or couldn't come on time. I feel like I could write a book on 101 ways to escape from werewolves. With that random thought, I drifted off to sleep.

**********************

Hey guys,

Do you think that Ana's punishment was cruel and extreme?
Will the guard be able to help her?
Can she escape from the clutches of psycho Gavin?
Find out what happens in the next chapter till then happy reading!!!

P.s: please like, comment and share.

- Sonal.