chapter 27

Ana pov:

I woke up to sore muscles and glanced around to find myself in some sort of cell. It barely has any light but I could see the floor and walls to be cemented. There was a torn mattress lying on one side of the cell with a thin blanket and a smelling toilet on the other side.

"Hello"

My voice was hoarse but I continued anyway to see if I am alone or someone is here. Clearly my throat, I asked,
"Hello, is anyone here?"

"Did they kidnap you too?"

I jumped at the suddenness when someone answered. The voice seems to be of a girl.

"Yes, they did. Who are you?"

"I am Ashley. They kidnapped me too and all the other girls here." She said sighing.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Analia, but people call me Ana."

"I wish we met in different circumstances. I love making friends and spending time with them but right now I am not sure if we could even survive tomorrow."

I frown thinking back to Kaiden when he told me that the human girls were being abducted. So this was the place where they were being brought to.

"How many girls have been here so far?"

"Eleven, including you."

"Are they all here, right now?"

"Yes, but some of them are sedated. They were very loud and screaming for help so the guards drugged them."

"Oh my god! That's insane."

"Yeah, but we couldn't do anything about it. They are a lot stronger than us. I have tried to escape from here but it's not possible. They are not human Ana. They have super strength and hearing. And when we are caught, they gave severe punishments that are strong enough to scar us but not life-threatening."

"Do you have any idea why we all are brought here?"

"No, but I heard the guards talking once that we have a big role in their leader's plan. Something about making him more powerful."

"That doesn't make sense. How could we make him more powerful?"

"I don't know Ana. I could only hear a small part."

"Hey, don't worry. My mate is an Alpha. He is going to get us out of here."

"What is a mate? What's Alpha? Is he powerful?"

"You don't know about mates?"

"Ahhh... No Ana. I am hearing it from you for the first time. What is it?"

Shit! if she doesn't know about werewolf then I shouldn't tell her. I assumed she would know about werewolf because they have captured us or they have mates.

Quickly thinking of a lie, I said,"mates mean friends or soulmate. I mean to say my boyfriend will get us out of here."

"Oh okay. But I wouldn't keep my hopes high if I were you. We all here are missing from days, weeks or even months but no one came here except for the guards. This place is like a fortress. I doubt even the local police or FBI would know about it, let alone your boyfriend."

I wanted to tell her that Kaiden would come for me. But thought better than to say anything now. I couldn't see her clearly but from her voice, I could make out that she is an average girl who had lost all her hope of being free. Maybe I would have been like her too if I hadn't escaped that night.