chapter 31

Kaiden pov:

"When will he be awake?"

"Any minute now."

I groaned hearing murmurs around me. Where was I? The last thing I remember was feeling pain in my back but that was not mine, it was Ana.

I awoke in a haste startling everyone around me.

"Alpha, you need to rest," came Ari's voice.

"Kaiden lies down," mom exclaimed.

"Stop," I commanded in Alpha voice. Everyone stopped and submitted except for mom and dad.

My wolf and I both were on edge. Our mate was away being tortured and we were still here. As an Alpha, I know I couldn't take my warriors in an unknown territory without a proper plan but my other side is desperate enough to march right into his territory and kill him.

"Where is Martin?" I asked no one in particular.

"He is outside waiting. We have his mate in the guest room surrounded by guards." Xavier said. I nodded.

"Gather the warriors, we are leaving right now."

"But Alpha, what about the plan?" Xavier asked.

"I'll tell you all when we reach there."

I met Martin outside.

"Where is the rogue's territory?"

"Careful Alpha, you may have my mate but don't forget he has your mate too. I didn't agree to help you yet."

My wolf didn't like the disrespect in his tone. I grinned and mind linked my guards to bring his mate to a window behind me. After a few seconds, I saw his eyes focus behind me and widened.

"What are you doing?" He exclaimed and tried to bypass me.

"She will be safe until you follow my command to lead us to the rogue territory and my mate is safe with me. And if you try to double-cross us in any way, then you will be mateless for the rest of your pathetic life."

He looked from me to his mate for a few minutes. He looked uncertain so I gave him a glimpse of what would happen to his mate if he tried to do anything. That did the trick and now we were on our way to the rogue's territory. Xavier too received an anonymous call stating that he was a guard at rogues camp and is helping Ana. I was sceptical at first, as the call was random and plus I don't trust Martin, so I called other Alphas for help and back up.

We ran in wolves form while a few cars were taken for emergencies and Ari's medical stuff. By nightfall, everyone had gathered around and surrounded the rogue's territory. The Alphas joined us midway through our journey with a few warriors.

Every Alpha was eager to end the rogues and their leader. It came in handy that Gavin had attacked their packs several times and had taken mates of their pack members.

"What's the plan, Alpha Kaiden?," Alpha Cole asked while all the Alphas waited.

"Alphas, as you all know by now that Martin here is a trusted person of that rogue leader. Therefore, he will tell us where all the rogues are stationed plus the location of his leader, that Oracle, my mate and other humans. And in addition to that, he will remove all the rogues that were guarding their leader so that we can easily reach them."

The other Alphas nodded and I signalled Xavier to take Martin and give us a few minutes.

"As soon as we enter, I will go straight to my mate and possibly Gavin. Some of you can cover the exit points and kill any rogue who tries to flee while the others can move in from all sides. If by any chance, one of you have encountered Gavin then go ahead and kill him."