chapter 13

Ana

I was hanging upside down with the seatbelt digging at my side. My ears were buzzing and I had a cloudy vision. Moving my hand across, I flinched when it made contact with the side of my head.

Blinking through the haze, I found blood on my fingers. Pulling myself out of the car was the most painful thing I have ever done. I rested my back against a nearby tree and saw the whole area turned in chaos. People with black clothing were fighting with Ari and a few others. Shortly after some time, more men arrived with Kaiden and Xavier.

Kaiden was frantically searching around for something and when his eyes found me, he visibly relaxed. He Signaled to Xavier and marched towards me with a few men. Without saying anything, he kneeled beside me and put his hands on my cheeks. The warmth that came with his touch fully enveloped me. I was already cold and the dropping weather was adding to my shivers. He gently scooped me in his arms and I felt myself snuggling to him.

The loud voices were soon drifting behind us. I think Kaiden is taking us back to the pack house. Feeling extremely tired, I let the exhaustion took over.

*****

"How are the others doing, any casualties?" I heard Kaiden's voice close to me. Why was he talking in my room when I was sleeping? Dismissing it, I snuggled closer to the warmth.

I was sleeping on something hard yet surprisingly soft. The smell of rain and pine was encasing me like a cocoon. Wanting more of it, I inhaled deeply burying my nose down a neck and the arms tightened around my waist pulling me closer to - Wait!!!! Neck?? Arms??

Out of sheer panic, I opened my eyes to find myself entangled with none other than Kaiden. His bare chest was on display and arms were around my waist. I was sleeping on top of him??? Quickly sprinting to a sitting position, I felt a wave of dizziness and swayed.

"Are you alright; should I call Ari?"- Kaiden said while holding my shoulders.

"No, I am good. Is Ari alright? There were some men chasing us."- I said remembering what happened. I should be upset, but there are more important matters other than my failed escape attempt. I was lucky nobody found out about it.

"Yes, everyone is fine."

"Kaiden, who were those guys? What do they want from me?"

"We are trying to find that too. Do you remember anything else that might help us figure it out?" Xavier said from across the room. Oh, I totally forgot he was in the room as well.

My mind said not to tell them that I know they are werewolves but my heart said I could trust them. What should I do? Should I confront them about it or not?

Truth is I am afraid of how they will react when they know, I know their secret. My heart says to trust Kaiden. He wouldn't let anything happen to me. Surprisingly my mind agrees to take that leap of faith. Maybe I can get the answers to my questions.

I focused on Kaiden and said," I know they were werewolves and so do you all are."

"How - how do you know?" Kaiden asked astonished. There was no anger just surprise on his face. I saw his shoulders sagged with relief.

"I have been trying to muster my courage to tell you about us. When did you come to know?" Kaiden asked.

"My kidnappers turned in front of me and as for you guys, I saw you all at the clearing, the other day."

"Why didn't you tell us before about your kidnappers?"- Xavier asked.

"At that time, I thought you all were human and would consider me crazy if I told you that I saw two men turning into wolves."- I told him.

"Fair enough. So, do you know anything else about werewolves."- Kaiden asked with hope in his eyes.

"No, I don't. Will you tell me?" I hesitated.

"Yes of course, why not?" Kaiden said with a gleam of happiness.

"Kaiden, I am going to check on others. Bye Ana." Xavier said while exiting the bedroom.

"So, as you already know we all are werewolves. Like wolves, we also have a pack. The leader of the pack is called Alpha, that's me. Xavier is the second in command called beta. Will is the gamma of our pack and Ari is the pack doctor. Other people in the pack are warriors, helpers and omegas. Some packs have oracles as well, but they usually stay alone and out of pack activities." Kaiden told me proudly.

"What are mates Kaiden? I heard some people say that I am your mate."- I remember listening to people say that whenever Ari and I take our walk outside. It was bugging me for a while. The only meaning I know about mates is friends but the way they said it, it meant something more.

Kaiden seems awkward yet he said,"Ahhh yeah I was coming to that. Mates are like soul mates, the other half of us. We love them unconditionally and protect them with our lives. And yes, you are my mate." He gazed at me with such intense love that I felt a blush creeping up my neck and cheeks.

He put his figures under my chin and lifted it so that he can look me in my eye and tell, "I have been waiting to tell you this for a long time. In fact, as soon as I saw you, I wanted to kiss you and keep you in my arms forever. I know this is new and overwhelming for you, but I promise we'll take it as slow as you want." I could see the sincerity in his eyes.

There was no doubt that he loves me but do I love him? I know that I have feelings for him but can it be categorized as love. I have to talk about this with Ari. Maybe She can help me figure out my feelings.

I must have been in deep thoughts when Kaiden startled me saying, "I have an idea. How about we go on a date like normal people do and get to know each other." He was fidgeting in his seat. It was cute to see him like this. I decided to tease him a little.

"I don't know. I mean it's still too much. I need time to process this."- I kept a straight face but the look on Kaiden's face made me giggle. He was pouting as a child would when he is denied his favourite thing. Hearing my giggle, he narrowed his eyes at me and playfully glared.

"Oh so you find this funny, wait let me tell you what's funny." I knew his intentions before he even came close to me. I bolted towards the door but was not fast enough. Kaiden caught me from behind by enclosing his hands around my waist and lifting me up from the ground. My laughter boomed across the bedroom as he tickled me.

"Stop... haha... Stop.... sorry" I begged him through my laughter.

"No, first say you are going on a date with me", Kaiden said amused.

"Okay haha okay, I'll go with you," I said while trying to control my breathing.

Kaiden still held me and I looked up at see him staring at me with mix emotions. It held pride, happiness, peace, awe and love. His eyes flickered down to my lips and then to my eyes again asking if he could do it.

Without answering, I stood on my tip toes and brush my lips against him. I closed my eyes feeling the bliss that spread from the lips throughout my whole body. It made me feel like I am floating and the only thing keeping me down is his arms that gripped my waist as if I am going to disappear.

It started slow but soon accelerated. My arms that were around his back earlier have moved up to his hairs gripping it hard. I felt something soft hit my back and realized now we were in bed. I pulled back first when I couldn't breathe anymore and lay for a few minutes entangled with him while controlling our ragged breathing. He kissed my head and pulled me tighter in his arms.

"What happened to take it slow"-I asked him with a grin on my face.

"We are taking it slower than other mates," he said while nuzzling his face in my neck.

***************************

Hey guys,

Ana and Kaiden had their first kiss ( yaaay 😉😍)

And Kaiden asked her out on a date.

Find out how their relationship progresses in the next chapter till then happy reading!!!

P.s: please Like, Comment and Share.

- Sonal