chapter 7

Ana pov:

The thing about these situations I end up myself into, is that they provide good entertainment to the audience. For a few seconds, I tried several attempts to stand. My legs were numb so it took a few minutes to adjust my balance. With the help of a wall, I moved towards the bathroom on wobbly legs.

"Just what are you trying to do"- a feminine voice startled me, which resulted in losing my balance. I crashed at her feet and looked up at her.

The girl that startled me was pretty gorgeous. She has light grey eyes, Ash brown hair and a fair skin. She looked down in amusement to see me still sprawled on the floor.

Something is really wrong with me. Neither was I clumsy nor have I had any incidents like these before. I have successfully managed to embarrass myself two times within an hour. A freaking hour!!!

"I- I was trying to go to the bathroom?" It came out as question rather than an answer.

She didn't say anything but judging by her expression, she was trying to control her laughter. After pulling me up, she helped me to the bathroom. If I thought the bedroom was beautiful, the bathroom was super luxurious. A Jacuzzi on one side, shower panel for at least 3-4 people, two sink counter tops, a wardrobe and two WC seats. A combination of white and taupe stone look made the bathroom even better.

"My name is Arianna Sington; but you can call me Ari. I am you doctor and as you are still healing, I'm going to help you."

She made me sit on the counter and open one of its drawers to reveal some packed toothbrushes. She gave one to me and went to the Jacuzzi. I turned to look in the mirror and cringed at my reflection. My hair was matted; eyes have sullen and my skin looked deadly pale.

"I am adding some bath salts and herbs so that your muscles can relax."- Ari said while I brushed my teeth. After I rinsed my mouth, she got rid of my hospital gown and into the Jacuzzi. My muscles relaxed as soon as I was settled in. She took my hair and gently massaged it with vanilla scented shampoo followed by conditioner. After soaking in for a few minutes, I cleaned myself with some herbal soap while Ari went to get some fresh clothes for me.

Feeling refreshed, I towel dried myself and put a robe around. Ari was waiting for me in the bedroom with some sweatpants, t-shirt and undergarments. "Dress and we can go downstairs. You must be feeling hungry. Lunch is almost ready."

"But Kaiden said my food will be here."

"Don't worry, I'll talk to him. You need a little exercise so that the previous incident does not happen again."

My cheeks flamed remembering that fall and I muttered an okay.

Entering through the doors, I saw a huge dining table with 20 seats. Huge crystal Chandelier hung in the middle of the room above the huge table. This room is as big as my whole apartment. Kaiden was sitting at the head with five more people who beamed at me. Ari took my hand and led me towards the table.

"I thought I said to take her food in her room. She needs rest. Why did you bring her here?" Kaiden said to Ari through gritted teeth.

"I am her doctor Kaiden, she is fine and she needs movement in her muscles. Otherwise, it will not heal properly." Ari said calmly.

"Okay. Ana I want to introduce you to William/Will, Kevin, Jason and Taylor. And guys this is Analia. She is our guest."
I could see how he emphasized on the word guest like there was a hidden meaning.

I greeted them all with a smile and wave. Kaiden gestured me to sit beside him. Taylor sat beside me, Jason next to him while William and Kevin sat opposite them. Ari sat next to Will and gave him a kiss. It was clear that they are a romantic couple.

At first glance, they looked to have intimating personalities but strangely I was comfortable around them. They gave me friendly vibes.

Soon the table was full of both veg and non-veg dishes. I took only a decent amount to eat and saw the others took 2 times more than me. How could someone eat this much food was beyond me. Maybe that's why they have bodies like wrestlers.

"Ana, I know we both have questions to ask each other. Can we talk in my office after lunch? You can also phone your parents or anyone you want to," he said to me.

I said okay to that. Ari and finished at the same time and picked up our plate together. I followed her to the kitchen where she insisted to wash them. I didn't argue as they were friendly and I don't want to upset them.

The kitchen was again well-equipped with brown rough wood finish cabinets and white countertop. A French door lead to the deck area which continued to the gardens. I wanted to check out the place but it would seem rude. There were people mingling in the garden with their children playing around them. It would be awkward and uncomfortable. Maybe I should ask Kaiden to show me around after my talk with him. I hope he doesn't mind.

When Ari finished washing, she took me up the stairs to the top floor. My temporary room is on this floor. I thought she was taking me there but she turned half way to her right. It was another hallway that ends on the double door. She knocked twice and entered. I entered after her and saw Kaidan sitting behind a huge mahogany desk with two people sitting, their back to me.

"Ana, good you are here. As you have met before this is Will and the one next to him is my best friend Xavier brown."- he said smiling. William turned and acknowledged me a smile. Whereas I gasped on seeing Xavier. It was his familiar voice and face that triggered some unwanted memories. Images started flowing randomly and I screamed remembering the pain. Covering my head between my hands, I could vaguely hear my name being shouted in the background. Arms surrounded me instantly, holding me tight against them but I was already exhausted to see who it was and let the darkness take over me.

******************

Hey guys,

So, Ana embarrassed herself again. Lol
( Everyone faces these situations, don't we all )
And seeing Xavier seemed to have triggered Ana's painful memories.
Find out in the next chapter how Kaiden deals with Ana's trauma...
Till then happy reading!!!

P.s: please Like, Comment and Share.

- Sonal