Chapter 23

Kaiden pov:

My heart was swelling with pride while staring down at Ana's sleeping form. She was curled into me naked as the day she was born. I still couldn't grasp how lucky I am to have such a beautiful mate inside out.

Tendrils of her heat wafted into the air, making my own desire to rise with it. It was a mate's duty to pleasure his mate and make the pain go away.

It's been four days and we have been locked in our bedroom. I've been taking her on every available surface so that everything in our room smelled like us. I can sense that her heat was almost finished and this would be the last day.

She stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes to look at me.

"Good morning sleepy head, breakfast will be here in a few minutes." I kissed her making her already flushed cheeks, tomato red, to which she smiled against me.

"hmmm... Good morning and thank you."

 I made my way to the bathroom and run her a bath as I was doing for the past four days.

"You do know I am feeling better now, right?"

"Yeah, but I won't be able to do this regularly when I'll resume my Alpha duties. I would be busy."

"And I wouldn't want you to ignore them either. Besides I have to learn and fulfil my duties as a Luna too."

"You would be a great Luna. But for now, let's continue doing what we left yesterday night."

"Ha-ha, again? You kept me up the whole night."

"I didn't find you complaining. In fact, I remember you begging for more."

"No, I didn't. And keep your voice low, will you? What if anyone would hear us? Or worse your parents?"

"Don't worry, they won't. This room and my office are soundproof. Now where is my reward," I said as my lips covered hers in a heated and passionate kiss.

We were lying on the bed when Xavier mind linked me saying, "Kaiden, oracle Doris wants to meet you urgently. She says it can't be delayed."

"Okay, I'll be there. Contact Ari to come here, I don't want to leave Ana alone."

"Yes, of course."

I left the room as soon as Ari showed up. I entered the office to find oracle Doris and Xavier sitting.

"What is it oracle Doris? I heard it was an urgent matter."

"Yes, Alpha Kaiden, I'm afraid it is. I had a vision yesterday and as my duty, I have to inform you. I don't know what it means but the goddess has shown me this and I guess it was meant to help you."

"What was in your vision oracle Doris to make you this worked up? I could see her being stressed-out.

"In my vision, a formless black shadow is sitting on a throne. It has red eyes and wears a crown made of bones. Another shadow is kneeling in front of it with your pack's symbol on its back. This shadow is a solitude of a woman. She was offering a lamb to it. Then the scene changes and I saw that the same female shadow was standing behind and stabbing you in the back."

"Thank you, Oracle Doris, for this information." I kept a neutral face but inside I was very pissed. I had a suspicion that we have mole long before her vision. But I wasn't sure and didn't know who it would be? But now, I know just where to look.

"I am just doing my duty Alpha Kaiden. But if you may I have a suggestion to make."

"Yes, what is it?"

"You should increase the Luna's security. She could be the target."

"Yes, I'm aware but thank you."

"I should take your leave, Alpha."

She left soon after I nodded. I guess we both were a little shocked. We thought the mole would be a male but according to Doris' vision, it is a woman.

"Xavier, do you have any idea who it might be?"

"I have a few names but I can't be sure. Do you have someone in mind?"

"Same, I am not sure either. But we have to quickly find out who is it before they alert the rogues."

"Hmmm... I am going back to Ana. In the meanwhile, prepare a list of all the women in our pack and bring it to me. And tighten the security around the pack house and perimeter. No one leaves or enters without further notice."

"Okay, I'll be with you in an hour with the list."

Ana was pacing back and forth when I entered the bedroom. As soon as she saw me, she marched up to me and slapped me. I was stunned for a few seconds.

"What the hell? Why did you slap me?" my wolf was an Alpha and they didn't like being disrespected but I was more concerned as to why would she need to do this?

"You have the nerve to ask when you are the one that lied and cheated on me."

"What are you talking about? I would never cheat on you."

"Oh yeah, I thought that too. But guess what, I was a fool to believe you so blindly. You cheated on me with another woman." She said sobbing.

"No Ana, there is no other woman in my life except you. I would never cheat on you. Please trust me."

"Then who the hell is Amy Anderson? And why did she know so much about you that even I don't know?"

"Amy? As in the previous gamma's daughter?"

"Yes, the very same."

"She is just a friend. We have been in the same group since childhood."

"Well, she begs to differ. She told and even showed me pictures and videos of you both together and dare I say you both looked to be in- in love." She scoffed backing away from me.

"What pictures and videos? Ana, I swear we were not in love or any other relationship. She wanted more but I declined her offer and asked her to be just friends. I told her that I want to wait for you, my mate and she understood. And besides, we never hung out after that. I got busy with Alpha training and then my duties."

I took a step towards her cautiously and when she didn't back away, I embraced her in my arms.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what happened. I saw those pictures and videos and the next I assumed that you cheated on me. I shouldn't have trusted her."

"Hey – hey look at me. Its okay, we're okay. No one will come between us. I promise. Now tell me exactly what happened and where is Ari?"

"I don't know there was no one here when I woke up."

*****************************
Hey guys,

So, Oracle Doris warned Kaiden about the mole through her vision.

Does what Amy told Ana has any truth? Amy or Kaiden who is lying? What about the pictures and videos?

Find out what happens in the next chapter till then happy reading!!!

P.s: please like, comment and share.

- Sonal.