chapter 8

#107 in werewolf

Thank you so much for all the love. I truly appreciate it.

Kaiden pov:

I already knew she was coming, long before she knocked on the door. Ari entered first and then came my beautiful mate. As soon as her scent surrounded me, my wolf howled in joy. Her fragrance was so sweet and light, you could never get tired of smelling it.

I smiled at her and introduced her to Xavier. He couldn't meet her during lunch as he was checking the perimeter. After sending me a goofy smile, he turned and greeted her.

But as soon as she saw him, she stumbled back and screamed. She grabbed her head with her hands and started shaking violently. I was at her side in a second, cocooning her in my arms. She went limp and I carried her back to our bedroom.

"Wow, I never thought meeting with my Luna would cause such a dramatic reaction from her. Damn!! Is it because of my good looks, huh Will?"- Xavier said entering after me.

Xavier has always been playful when he is surrounded by the pack members but turns serious when it comes to his beta duties.

Will just shook his head and mumbled something back to him.

I rolled my eyes at their antics. Here, in this moment, I was worried sick about my mate and my best friends are being childish. Ari checked her and told us that she is fine. Something must have triggered her memory that led her to react this way.

I sat beside her after everone left, admiring the way the late afternoon light falls on her face and hair giving it a warm glow. She looks so peaceful right now but a few moments ago, her reaction spoke about the horrors she had gone through. I am determined to know what those bastards did to her.

Being lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize I was gripping her hand so tightly until she whimpered. Quickly soothing her hand I promised myself that no one will ever be able to harm her. I would protect her with my life.

*****

I woke up to feel her struggling to free her hand from mine. It was amusing to see her try, so I pretended to be asleep. She gave up after a few minutes and started calling my name by shaking my shoulder. I was trying so hard to suppress my grin and maintain my neutral "sleepy" face.

Suddenly she stopped doing everything and the room grew very silent. I used my senses to figure out what she was doing but no luck. It was too silent, not a movement could be heard. No shuffling around, no voices just our breathing could be heard. I thought she must be waiting for me to wake up. Ha, I can't believe I won so easily.

But the very next second, my face was drenched with cold water. I gaped at her as she holds an empty glass and a raised eyebrow. She put the glass back on the bedside table and looked sternly at me.

"Care to explain why you were acting to be asleep while I was struggling to free my hand from your death grip." - She asked me.

"I wasn't acting, I was really asleep." – I told her while wiping my face dry with a towel.

"Don't you deny, I saw your face twitch"- she said.

"Forget about that; first tell me how are you feeling? Should I get you anything?"- I asked her, trying to change the topic when she caught my act.

"I am fine, and I am so sorry for reacting that way in your office. I just remembered some unwanted memories," she said while closing her eyes and shuddering slightly.

"It's okay as long as you are fine, everything else doesn't matter. Uhmm... I know this may seem intruding but will you tell us what happened and who did this to you? My friends and I would be able to help you better if we know the situation."

I thought she was going to deny my request, but she nodded. I immediately called Xavier, Will and Ari to come in. They needed to be here if I lose control over my anger or wolf. Plus they can protect her well if they know all the details. Ana sat in the middle of the bed with Ari on her left and me on the right. Xavier and Will both leaned on the wall facing the bed.

She took a deep breath and said, "As you all know by now, my name is Analia Wilson. I was in Mystic moon for a resort opening ceremony and was working in the event management team. My friend and I were going to the after party when she suddenly looked towards the woods and asked me to run. I didn't understand why but I trusted her enough to bring help. I was running to the party area when someone attacked me from behind. They hit my head and I fainted. When I woke up, I found myself in a backseat of a moving car. Two men were sitting in the front and were arguing among themselves. I screamed loudly catching them off guard and jumped after opening the door. I ran through the woods without looking back. Then, I heard some wolves howling which caused me to lose my balance and fell on the floor. I felt my wounds and it got difficult to breathe properly. The last thing I saw was you."- She said and pointing towards Xavier.

I embraced her and she returned the gesture. While I was soothing her, I opened my mink link to talk to Xavier, Will and Ari.

"So what do you guys think?"

"This rouge Ian that we captured, did say that they were paid to kidnap her but he didn't say why."- Xavier said.

"Mystic moon is about 4 hours east of us and we found her on our southeast border Alpha. If I am guessing right, they were taking her somewhere between southwest and west of our border. It's a no man's land," Will said.

"Alpha, as Ian mentioned, they took Ana from a location in the woods about 2 hours from here. Mystic moon is 4 hours away. That means there is another person who attacked her. Alpha, I think we should send someone there to investigate. Maybe they can get more clues," Xavier suggested.

"I think that's a good idea. Prepare a team of four-five trusted men and send them there. Make sure they remain undetected while investigating. I don't want to warn anyone who is behind all this. And no one other than us should know about this mission." I said.

"Alpha Kaiden, I have a suggestion. Why don't we take her outside and show her around? It will take her mind off things and help her relax. Meanwhile, we will be alert for any unusual activity around us."- Xavier suggested.

"I  agree. It must be overwhelming for her. First her kidnapping and then finding herself in a new place with new people. Let's give her time to be comfortable around us," Ari said.

"Yeah, and when she is comfortable enough we can ask her if she can describe the person who attacked her from behind?" Xavier said.

I thought about it and looked down to see my mate curled up by my side. A pang of guilt hit me making me understand that they were right. Instead of making sure about her feelings, I was blinded by my anger. I was so determined to find out about her kidnapping that I forgot she must be feeling anxious around new people.

I forgot, she is a human and I am a wolf. Things are different between human and wolf world. When two wolf mates meet, they fall in love at first sight and immediately start their mating process but when one has a human mate, the mating process is slow, like developing a human relationship in fast forward but still slower than wolves mating.

Now, my next step will be to make her fall in love with me in human style...

*******************

Hey guys,

So, Kaiden and Ana had some light fun-filled moments.
(Yaay!! Lovey-dovey scenes 😉😍)
Who would be the one to attack Ana from behind? Any guesses?
How will Kaiden make Ana fall in love with him?
Find out in the next chapter...
Till then happy reading!!!!

P.s: please Like, Comment and Share.

- Sonal