chapter 30

Kaiden pov: (continued from chapter 26)

"Find Amy and anyone else who is missing," I was in my room sniffing Ana's scarf to control my wolf. He got out of control and destroyed our office when the trackers returned empty-handed. My dad and previous Alpha had to intervene in between and ordered me to cool down. It was my mom's idea to use Ana's things so that I can control my wolf by inhaling her scent.

"I'll be back with the results in a few minutes," Xavier replied and went out.

"Are you in control now," my mom asked.

"Yes, thank you, mom. Please take care of the pack until I find Ana," I requested.

"You don't have to worry about anything just concentrate on bringing your mate back. God knows what she is going through." She said.

My dad entered with William, followed by Xavier. Our meetings shifted to my bedroom.

"Alpha, Amy and Kate are missing. All others are accounted for," Xavier said.

"Who was the one watching Amy?" I questioned them.

"Mason was watching her. He was found unconscious just like others," Xavier said.

"Have Ari found the reason for their unconsciousness?"

"Yes Alpha, it looks like they were attacked by a gas mixture of wolfsbane and silver. Ari found traces of it in their lungs while treating them," Will replied.

"Mom, Dad, does Kate ever seem suspicious to you?"

"Well, she was my good friend but your dad always felt uncomfortable around her," my mom said.

"Yeah, I didn't get any good vibes from her. I haven't got anything concrete against her so it just remained as a gut feeling. Besides she was my gamma's mate so I couldn't accuse or banish her without any solid proof," Dad explained.

"Could she be involved?"

"I don't know son, maybe for Amy, she was. Parents do a lot of things for their child's happiness," mom voiced.

"Call Mason here."

Xavier nodded and his eyes glazed over. In a few minutes, Mason was in the room.

"Mason, have you noticed anything weird regarding Amy or Kate? Something must have happened that we overlooked."

"Alpha Kaiden, as soon as beta Xavier gave me this duty, I followed her. Her routine consisted of going to the breakfast, then sit with her friends or go shopping with them. Sometimes she accompanies Kate on groceries shopping as well." Mason replied.

"Where do they usually go for groceries items?"

"Apex supermarket or sometimes a small store name drew's."

"But our entire month groceries come from Apex supermarket. I had never got or paid for any bill from Drew's." Mom said and I nodded as I too never had any bill from there.

"Maybe that's our clue, Xavier comes with me with a few warriors. Mason get the car ready," I ordered.

We reached drew's by driving above the speed limit. Everyone was on edge as they knew the stakes were high. Mason parked a few blocks down from the store. We all got out and gathered around.

"Listen carefully, surround the store from all sides. If you see anyone getting out then capture them and inform us. Meanwhile, I and Xavier will be inside to gather information. Stay alert and keep your mind link open," I said.

"Yes, Alpha," they all replied.

When everyone was in position, we entered the store. A human standing in the counter was looking at us wide-eyed. There was a faint smell of rogue mixed with other human smells.