How to take care of your sick son

*written for @Puppylife55761 who really wanted a sick peter fic*

Peter was exactly 5 minutes and 23.5 seconds late. Tony knew this because he always looked forward to when Peter would come over to Tony's lab and do silly things like call hypothesises 'science headcanons' and quote vines fluidly into his sentences.

But he was late. And here's the thing; Peter was never late. He was horribly clumsy, but never late.

Needless to say, Tony was worried. Peter was always exactly on time, so why isn't he here yet? He decides to text Happy.

Tony: Hey Happy, when are you and Peter going to be here?

Happy: Peter wasn't at school, so I just left

Tony's breath hitches. He rereads the text message, word by word. Where was Peter? He decides to text Peter next. 

Tony: hey kid, where are you?

He waits for thirty seconds and looks at his phone, but doesn't see an answer. Which isn't uncommon, sometimes it takes up to five minutes for Tony to get an answer. But most of the time it's a ten second wait.

Tony puts his phone in his pocket and walks to his lab. He may as well get the lab ready, so when Peter gets there they can get started. 

Thirty minutes go by and Tony checks his phone, but still, there is no reply from Peter.

Tony can feel his breath get quicker. Maybe he should call him. He hits the 'call' button without thinking and begins to panic.

It rings.

And it rings.

And then,

It cuts to voicemail.

Tony panics more. Why didn't he answer the texts? Why didn't he answer the phone? Is he in trouble?

These thoughts rush through his head so fast that he feels dizzy. He needed to find Peter.

"Hey Fri?"

"Yes, sir?" An Irish voice answers.

"Locate Peter Parker. Make sure he's not in some warehouse or something."

"Right away. Sir?"

"Yeah?"

"Your heart rate is elevated. Should I run Protocol 780?"

"No."

"Ok."

There's silence, until F.R.I.D.A.Y speaks up.

"Located. He's at his apartment."

Tony blinks. Why was he not answering if he was just at home? Maybe he should go to him. He needed to go to him, he needed to-

"Incoming call from May Parker." F.R.I.D.A.Y interrupts his thoughts.

"Answer it." He says hastily.

The voice that speaks is calm and peaceful, as Aunt May is usually. Tony let's out a breath of relief before he can stop it. "Hey Tony. Peter probably fell asleep instead of calling you, but he has a really bad cold right now so he can't make it to the lab today."