The Impossible

quick authours note:

•this chapter is 4400+ words long! I have been working on it since October

•⚠️TRIGGERWARNING: graphic descriptions of injuries, tsunamis, and overall this oneshot is a lot more serious than the usual ones. stay safe!⚠️

•this was requested on October 11th by @StorminStormy —Sorry it took so long! I hope it's worth the wait:)

•go watch The Impossible if you haven't seen it! It is such an amazing movie and literally made me cry

•comment your favourite part of this chapter if you want!:p

It had taken far too long for Tony to become comfortable enough to ditch his technology when leaving the house. To not take the Iron Man suit.

He shouldn't have made the mistake to not bring the suit on vacation.

They had gone to Thailand for a Christmas vacation. More specifically, Peter, Tony, Morgan and Pepper went on vacation. May was going to come a few days later than everybody else in order to finish her shifts at work.

So they were on vacation. It was a foreign place to Peter and Morgan, and they were running around everywhere with grins on their faces. It was apparent to both Tony and Pepper that they were having a blast.

They had never seen it coming.

It started slowly.

Heavy wind, swirling through at an odd time. Pages out of Pepper's book fly out. The water in the pool of the resort sways. Peter shivers.

Something is very, very wrong.

"Tony...?" He starts in a fearful voice.

When Tony heard that voice—The small one Peter had, reserved for a powerful fear that resonated right in Tony's soul—he thought the worst. Chitauri. Thanos. Dust.

But then he saw it. It seemed to be just as bad.

A mountain of water. Large, looming and devastatingly dangerous. The ground shakes. People screamed. The water starts to move. Faster and faster, crashing into buildings.

Tony seems to sprint forward, grabbing for Morgan and going to pull her out of the water. "PETER!"

Peter widens his eyes and turns to the pool, diving into the water.

The water crashes into the resort. Peter has never felt pain like this before. He seemed to be reaching for air, kicking his arms and legs desperately against the thrashing waves. His lungs fought to keep their own oxygen, and they burned more like fire than water.

Just as it seems he's free, as he rises above the water and takes in a sharp gasp for air, the water covers him again.

He feels his arms and legs be scraped from various objects. Somewhere he knows it's supposed to hurt, especially when salt water is stinging the wounds. But right now all he feels in the adrenaline pumping through his veins and the desperate need to stay alive through this torture.

The water pours out over buildings, and Peter is swimming above it now, just trying to stay afloat. "MORGAN!" He screams. "TONY!"

He hears shrieks and screams of all kind, each one mimicking something much stronger than terror.

"PEPPER!" He keeps screaming. Tears are falling down his face, he can't decide where they're from. It's either from the pain or trauma, but at this point it could be both.