History Repetition

*Peter B. Parker from SPIDERVERSE*

Peter B. Parker doesn't visit his Dad-But-Not-Really Tony Stark. But when he does, this clear-skied day, Tony realizes something.

Peter has become him.

For example:

Peter walks into the compound looking like trash. He smells of alcohol and has a generally sad look of defeat in his eyes. His shoulders are slumped over in a perpetual state of tiredness, and just gives off a depressed, sarcastic vibe. It fits him well for his current life state. It also fit Tony well during those years.

Peter also asks if they can get burgers from Burger King, something Tony wanted all the time back in the day because it was immediate comfort food, which sometimes someone just needs.

To be completely honest, it frightened Tony when he walked in. He would have sent the strange man away if it wasn't for him walking through the doors saying ,"It's been a day. I miss when Vine was a thing."

They sat down and they talked. Tony, being sorry for how broken Peter has become, and Peter, shrugging and saying "It be like that sometimes." It doesn't phase either of them with how fluently they're communicating. For, they've known eachother for years.

Interrupting Peter's sentence is his phone ringing. He picks it up, shooting an apologetic look at Tony. "Hello, Peter B. Parker. How have I ruined your life?" He asks with a tired glance at the ceiling as he talks on the phone.

Someone answers back and Peter's face lights up. "Miles! Hey. How are you? How did that art show of yours go?"

The person on the phone, Miles, says something apparently very funny, and Peter laughs. "I'm glad. I'm sure your art will only get better, kid."

Tony freezes in the awkward predicament when he realizes what's happening. His job is being filled by his son. His son has a son. This is happening.

Peter and 'Miles' finish their conversation and Peter says a quick goodbye. Tony raises his eyebrow. "So, who is this 'Miles'?"

"Oh, he's just my sidekick kind of guy. He has Spider-Powers in another universe. I found a way we could communicate, so now we have each other's numbers so he can contact me about school or other stuff." Peter explains, Smiling.

Tony blinks, a smile on his face, nodding even though he has no idea what his son just said. "So it's like you and me back in the day?"

Peter nods. "Yeah, I guess you could say that," he says, taking another obnoxious bite of his burger. "It's more like, I'm his father figure that can help with the superpowers. He has a dad."

Tony raises both eyebrows and nods slowly. "Okay."

It's quiet.

Peter's phone buzzes again, and he looks at it.

"Oh, I can't stay. Miles has a question about spider stuff, he wants my advice. Talk later, Tony," Peter says getting up and leaving before Tony can say anything.

Tony smiles. Who knew that history really does repeat itself?