Playing Matchmaker

As Peter retreats to his room, he pulls his phone out of his pocket and clicks on to Tony's contact. It rings and picks up fairly quickly.

"Mr.Starkyou'renotgonnabelievethis," Peter spits out.

"...What?" Tony replies weakly.

"AUNT MAY AND HAPPY LIKE EACHOTHER." Peter says excitedly.

There's silence for a moment and Peter can practically see him grinning.

"Ready to play matchmaker, kid?" Tony says slyly. From the way he says it, Peter knows he was correct on him grinning.

Peter grins, "Always."

Plan #1:

Peter walks in with May, Tony and Happy. Tony and Peter quickly excuse themselves with an excuse and wait for their plan to work it's course.

F.R.I.D.A.Y speaks over the room. "Happy, it appears your serotonin levels have been elevated more than normal lately. Would you like me to contact your doctor?"

Happy rolls his eyes, glancing at May, who smiles politely back at him. "No, F.R.I.D.A.Y. I'm fine."

"Is there any particular reason your serotonin levels have been elevated more recently?" The Android asks.

Peter and Tony watch from behind a corner.

"Yeah, I suppose." Happy says, smiling at May. Tony smiles too.

May blushes. "Let's go get dinner?" She asks. Happy nods and they walk out. Tony and Peter look at eachother with a sense of disappointment that nothing else happened.

Back to the drawing board it is, then.

Plan #2:

Peter sits patiently at dinner, along with May and eventually Happy. Peter suggested a dinner with the two of them, which they both agreed to more or less. 

It wasn't Peter's Idea, though. He just went along with it because who would say no to their father? Especially if your father is Tony Stark.

When they arrive, they all sit together at the table, grazing on crackers and cheese until the chicken finishes cooking in the oven. There isn't much talking between the three of them.

The oven beeps, and May goes into the kitchen to get the food out of the oven. Peter coughs awkwardly.

"I just want you to know, that I'm fine with this." Peter says.

Happy looks uncomfortable.

"You know, because you're do—dating my aunt." Peter explains further.

Happy raises an eyebrow, and May walks in, setting the chicken platter on the table.

They eat for a while, making small talk that doesn't go anywhere and stops in small bursts of quiet. 

After dinner, May walks Happy to the door and he leaves. Peter frowns, knowing that the dinner wasn't exactly what he wanted for them. That doesnt stop him from trying again.

Plan #3:

The Stark Ball. The perfect opportunity for May and Happy to be together. Peter and Tony had been low-key stalking them throughout the night, making sure their date was going well.

Finally, they see Happy drag May outside, and Peter smiles. They can't hear their conversation, but they see May smile and lean in. Peter groans and turns away in disgust.

He looks at Tony.

"I don't think I like this anymore." He says, frowning like a little kid.

Tony just laughs in response.

A/N:

Just a little oneshot i've been promising for a while. It's not spectacularly written, but I hope you enjoy anyway! More oneshots are coming soon. Stay posted.