A twist on the field trip prompt

A/N: today is my birthday so I'm blessing you with a one shot! (We also hit 100k reads!)   

 (SI: stark intern)

There was supposed to be a field trip to Stark Towers today. However, Peter was sick, and decided it was just best if he didn't go and stayed in Tony's lab tinkering with stuff until the field trip was over and he could go home.

Unfortunately, this meant he wasn't able to control Flash and his endless questions. 

So, as any rational person does, he sits in Tony's lab and watches the security feed. It's funnier than he wants to admit.

Flash walks in smirking with a confident stride. Ned looks uncomfortable being there without Peter, but smiles when Flash makes a comment about Peter faking their internship.

They walk around with the tour guide, some students such as Cindy taking notes. Michelle walks around and stops every once in a while, sketching people looking particularly stressed and then moves on.

Finally, they get to the question part of the field trip. Tony Stark steps out into the room and some people smile, while others let out a gasp or noise of amazement. Or, if you're Michelle, glares in full confidence.

They go around asking questions and some people frantically write down  what happens. Tony makes a comment and tells them not to break their wrists writing too fast, and people laugh.

Peter sees Flash raise his hand and he externally groans. What on earth was he going to ask?

"Do you have an internship program?" Flash asks, a curious grin.

Peter sighs.

"No. We don't," Tony answers. 

Peter facepalms and takes another bite of ice cream, kicking back in his seat to watch this go down.

Flash starts laughing and elbows one of his friends.

"I'm sorry, is that funny? What's the joke?" Tony asks seriously.

"No joke, Mr. Stark. One of our classmates has been saying he's had an internship, but the idiot was lying and you just proved it," Flash laughs. He mutters something while smirking.

"What was that?"  Tony asked, looking suspiciously at Flash.

"Nothing, sir," Flash said, showing the same smugness.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, play back the last ten second with high volume," Tony said, staring at Flash.

Peter grinned.

"Yes sir," a voice says from the ceiling before playing the audio. At the end, Flash mutters 'Stupid Parker.'

Tony narrows his eyes at Flash. "Who's 'Parker'?" He spit out, and Peter can see the pre-anger bubbling in his eyes.

"The classmate. Peter Parker. Look him up, then you can  beat him up for lying about you," Flash laughed.

Pepper's eyes went wide and she covers her mouth with a pained sigh.

"Peter BENJAMIN Parker?" Tony clarifies.

Flash's face slowly morphs into fear and shock. "Um—Yeah?"

"He does have an internship, actually. A personal one. For me," Tony says slowly, a look of pure anger in his eyes. "And he definitely isn't stupid. Understand?"

Flash nods slowly. 

"Next question."

Peter sits there, smiling pleasantly.

Cindy raises her hand. "Are you close to Peter?"

Tony nods. "Extremely. He's like my kid." He shoots an icy look at Flash. "And I don't like anyone messing with him."

Peter freezes, the spoon of ice cream slowly being out back in the bowl. 'I'm like his kid?' He thinks as he stares at the security tapes in front of him. He coughs and his head gets stabbed with pain. 

He stands up with the intention to go and look for his glass of water, but as he lifts from the couch, he has the overwhelming urge to vomit. He stumbles quickly to the bathroom and drops to his knees.

The security feed continues in the next room.

"Sir, Mr. Parker is currently on the bathroom floor in critical condition. Potential causes are water dehydration along with common cold," F.R.I.D.A.Y announces.

"That's my cue to leave," Tony says quickly, looking at Pepper. She nods and Tony sprints out of the room to the elevators, leaving the teenagers in stunned silence.

FIN

⚠️⚠️IN THE ENDGAME TRAILER PETER HOLDS AN SI CERTIFICATE-IS THIS BECAUSE HE GRADUATED FROM THE INTERNSHIP-AKA A JOB BEFORE COLLEGE- AND NOW IS AN ADULT GOING TO COLLEGE AKA NOT A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD I AM IN TEARS⚠️⚠️