Dear Tony Stark

some things before we get started:

-hi haha so I've been gone for a bit! time isn't real I thought two weeks had passed and turns out it's been like a month? wack

-new book: check it out if ur in the clown fandom 😌

-anyways this is a 2600 word fic that is a sequel to Dear Peter Parker which I remember a lot of people saying was their favourite oneshot so! I got inspired and wrote this, Hope u enjoy stay safe have a good day drink water all that good stuff ok bye 

The numbers of his alarm clock read four am, and the room is dim other than the faint light of the Iron Spider sitting plugged into the makeshift charger of his light switch. The sky, dark as it is, filters through his window and casts shadows over his room. And while Peter is supposed to be in the warm linen sheets of his bed, he sits with chilled limbs at his desk.

It had been a long series of restless nights for Peter Parker. Stress had worn at the boy all his life, but after the past two years he was left vulnerable, and not a day goes by where he doesn't feel like crying.

Now he doesn't feel any incoming tears. He's uncomfortably numb, which isn't helping his first problem in the slightest: He can't seem to relax enough to sleep.

Aunt May says that tea helps, so a cup of steaming hot chamomile tea sits on his desk. He hasn't sipped much of it, but the heat of the mug keeps his hands warm.

A heavy sigh escapes his lungs. Tireless, he pulls his phone out from his pocket to text a friend. The light of the screen shines on his face, and he squints from the sudden change of darkness.

Selecting Michelle's contact name, who is usually up at this time as well, he begins to type with fidgety fingers.

spider-boy: hey

[read]

Peter rests his chin on his hand as he waits for a response.

love: Hey

love: Can't sleep?

[delivered]

spider-boy: yeah. got any tips?

[read]

love: Of course c:

love: Try reading something. Got any poetry? Old books as a kid? Something familiar and/or nostalgic?

[delivered]

spider-boy: hmmmm i'll see what i can find. thanks mj<3

[read]

love: You're welcome dork <3

[delivered]

spider-boy: try and get some sleep too!

[read]

love: Fine. Just for you, tho

[delivered]

Peter turns his phone off and swivels around in his chair. His eyes search around the room. Nothing is quite 'familiar'. They had been forced into a new apartment after everything that had happened. That's just what happens when you're whole family turns to dust, apparently.

The room is blank of posters, shelves with awards on them, hanging Death Stars and Star Destroyers—of which Peter has yet to put back up. Most of his things were actually still in storage, which is more upsetting than he'd like to admit.