Death Prank Gone Wrong

A/N: I have no idea what this chapter is. I thought about not publishing today because my brain has completely shut off from sleep deprivation, but alas—i wasn't raised no weakling. Spooktober lives on, I'm not breaking the streak my guys

(Plus: if anybody is religious please pray for this book because there's a certain number of comments on a previous chapter and I am not feeling these good vibes)

Spooktober.28

It's a warm, rainy night in New York City. It's the weekend, so Peter is sound asleep at Tony's cabin. He's awoken by a distressed shout.

"Morgan!?"

Peter jolts up in his bed. The fear in Tony's voice made him instantly start worrying too. He pulls the covers off his legs and gets up, walking quickly to Morgan's room.

Pepper was in her room, her face in her hands as she takes a deep breath. She seems distressed, but she keeps a cool exterior despite it all. Peter can tell that just because he's known her for years.

Tony is also in Morgan's room. He's hugging Morgan tightly.

Morgan looks confused. She doesn't pull away from Tony, somehow subconsciously noticing how tense he was. "Dad? What's wrong?"

Tony sniffles. Pepper speaks up for him. "You shouldn't play pranks like that, Morgan. A prank isn't funny if it hurts somebody's feelings. You made us very worried."

Morgan nods and buries her face in Tony's neck, speaking innocent apologies. Peter stands awkwardly in the doorway for a second and then steps in quietly, staying at Pepper's side.

"What happened?" He whispers, turning slightly to Pepper.

"She thought it would be funny to play dead. Nearly gave us a heart attack," Pepper frowns slightly.

Peter nods and looks back at Tony, holding Morgan tightly. For a second he thinks that he'll never have parents that get worried about him like that. He blinks, shocked by his own mind. But no matter how hard he'd try to convince himself, technically it was true.

Sure, he had May. Some people might go as far as to say he had Pepper and Tony, but Peter didn't believe that. Tony and Pepper had a kid. A real one. One that was theirs.

Peter goes steps out of the room quietly after Pepper goes to hug Morgan as well.

Morgan stops him.

"Peter, can I hug you too?" She says before he can leave. Peter stops and turns around.

The whole Stark family is looking at him expectantly, so Peter nods simply and walks back over. He hugs Morgan, and soon gets hugged by Tony and Pepper.

And just like that, he didn't feel as out of place. He realized suddenly that it didn't matter if he wasn't biologically related to anybody anymore. He knew now that he wasn't alone.

Peter should have realized sooner, really. It seemed like such an easy answer. An answer that lifts the heavy questions effortlessly, and seems so simple to get to even though it really wasn't.

Family wasn't blood. Family was love.

And Peter had a lot of that to receive, from both the Stark family and from May, because they were more than happy to give. Family is family. That was that.

Peter hugs his family closer.

He smiles.

Fin.