Baby Mine

No Spider-Man: Far From Home Spoilers

"Hey, Mr. Stark," Peter said excitedly. "Did you hear about the new Dumbo that's coming out?"

"Didn't that already come out?" Tony said, looking up from his book.

"Did it?" Peter shrugs. "We should watch it tonight! With Pepper."

Tony nods. "Yeah, that sounds great," he smiles. "F.R.I.D.A.Y, download the new Dumbo movie, please."

"Yes sir. Download complete." The AI responded.

Peter smiled and looked back down at his phone, looking forward to watching it. Family Movie Nights has become a routine Peter could count on since May had passed away a year before. It eases the pain a little bit for him.

Later that night, Pepper and Tony were snuggled on the couch with Peter sitting next to Tony. The movie started up.

Everything was dark other than the screen, and Peter was smiling.

Then he realized something. One of the songs being played. He instantly recognized the lullaby, and was frozen to his spot.

Mary held her crying son close to her chest. "It's okay, Peter. It's alright," she said gently. "It was only a nightmare."

Peter responded with more tears.

Slowly, Mary started to sing, rocking Peter gently in her arms. "Baby mine, don't you cry. Baby mine, dry your eyes..."

Peter had zoned out of the film, now focusing on the memory. The more he thought of it, the more real it became.

Mary twirled around the room, holding Peter close. "Rest your heart, close to my heart, never to part-baby of mine."

Peter slowly calmed down from his nightmare, and had closed his eyes again, listening to his mother sing.

"Little one, when you play.. don't you mind what they say," Mary sings softly into his ear, a gently lullaby he would never forget. "Let those tears sparkle and shine, never a tear, baby of mine."

Peter had remembered her voice so clearly in his head, and he was tearing up as he stared at the television. Tony and Pepper hadn't noticed, their gaze focused on the film.

"From your head, to your toes," Mary smiles. "You're not much, heaven knows..but you're so, precious to me, cute as can be-" she gently pokes Peter's nose, and he giggles. "Baby of mine," she sings.

Peter's broken out of his weird vivid daydream by Pepper singing the same song from the movie under her breath.

He doesn't have the energy in him to think about this, and just sniffles, focusing back on the movie.

Tears are running down his face, and Tony looks over at him. He doesn't say anything, but slowly puts his arm around Peter and pulls him to his side so he's snuggled next to Tony and Pepper.

And just like that, Peter relaxes.

Because this is his family.

Mary smiles somewhere in heaven. Her baby has found peace.

A/n: i teared up while writing this :,)