The Interwebs Accident

A/N: pride month is closing off so enjoy this little (ok not rlly its like 2000 words) oneshot oF interwebs!! Aka Ned and Peter:)

Peter and Tony were silent as they worked on things in the lab, a perfect and normal evening that had become routine.

Out of the blue, startling the quiet, Peter's phone rang. He looked at the contact. "Oh, it's just Ned. I can probably call him back?"

"Do whatever you want to do, kid. I don't mind," Tony shrugged, messing with some wires.

Peter nodded and hit decline. They continued working. Less than two minutes later, Peter heard ambulance sounds far off. His ears perked up.

"Gotta blast," Peter snickered, throwing on his suit and flying out the window, leaving Tony to roll his eyes by himself.

"A'right Karen, what's going on?" He asked, swinging towards the sound.

"Car crash. Local pedestrian had called 911, saying they had seen a teenager trapped under rubble holding a phone."

Peter nodded once, flipping onto the scene and immediately looking for where to help out. He spotted the paramedics just rounding the corner, and he sprinted over to the car, yanking the door open and then freezing momentarily.

"Mrs. Leeds?" He mumbled in shock, helping her out of the car. The woman didn't hear him, just cried out in pain and frantically gestured to a pile of rubble.

Peter's stomach dropped and he rushed over, pulling rubble carefully away. He turned back and saw what lay under.

It wasn't pretty.

His best friend, the absolute light of his life, had his arm bent in an unnatural way, and his hair was matted with blood. He had intense road rash on his cheek, on his legs, and on his stomach, where the shirt had been torn.

"Oh my god," Peter breathed out, throwing the rubble away from him and dropping over to Ned. "Hey—Hey, it's me, I'm right here. Ned? Ned can you hear me?!"

Peter spoke in a panicked voice, and Ned put a hand over Peter's, the phone he was previously holding was on the ground, and it was a wonder that Ned was even able to call Peter on it with how many cracks there was in the screen.

Peter let out a sob. "I'm so sorry—I should have answered that call—I'm right here, Ned, I'm gonna save you, I'm gonna—"

"Pete," Ned said quietly, his breaths sounding too much like a wheeze for Peter's liking.

Peter stopped talking, and looked at Ned with tears in his eyes.

"It wasn't your fault. I forgive you," Ned said, linking their fingers together.

"Ned..." Peter said brokenly, squeezing his hand gently.

"It's okay, Pete. You saved me. You saved me."

Ned's voice grew quieter, and he got a dazed look on his face.

Paramedics ran over and Peter was forced to let go, watching as Ned was rushed into an ambulance.

Peter stumbled backwards, and reporters started walking up to him.

"Spider-Man! How do you feel about being too late on saving these civilians?"

"No comment," Peter choked out, and then swung away fast.

He didn't stop swinging until he got to the compound, where he left his clothes. He practically crashed into the floor, scrambled up, and ran into his bedroom.