it's ok if you're not ok right now

(Title is a lyric from "It's Okay", a song written by Robin Skinner or more known as cavetown)

Peter hopped in to Tony's car after school, a grin on his face. Tony smiles st him. "Hey kid, you ready to go?"

Peter nods happily and buckles his seatbelt. He sat in the front seat, a light blocker on the window to prevent paparazzi from taking photos. Tony started the car and they drove.

"Which restaurant are we going to again?" Peter asks curiously. He scrolls through his phone mindlessly.

"Uh, I don't remember. I just know that it's in New York." Tony answers. 

Peter nods. "Ok, okay."

"How was school?" Tony asks. This was routine for them by now. 

"Oh, you know," Peter says. "It was the same as everyday..." he trails off. Tony looks at him disbelievingly and Peter smiles. "Okay, well first me and Ned met up in the morning, and we walked to class together like normal. And then MJ flipped us off and we just smiled and waved because that's pretty much her way of saying 'Hello'," 

Peter kept talking for maybe twenty minutes about his day, which was indeed the same kind of day for him as normal. But Tony liked hearing him talk. It calmed him down, so he didn't mind that much."

Eventually they get to the restaurant, which takes about an hour of driving. They talked about robotics, Dr. Banner, school, parents, and a whole bunch of other topics to fill out the time in the car.

They sit down and Peter smiles as he orders his food. Tony orders as well, and the next they start talking again.

"So, how are you and Michelle?" Tony asks, grinning.

Peter immediately blushes and hides his face in his hands. He lets out a strangled "Mr. Stark-!" And Tony starts laughing. Peter looks up and sighs, looking embarrassed. "MJ probably knows. She's knows everything, she's crazy smart and- Why are you looking at me like that?"

Tony smiles softly. "You just look really happy, Pete. You're smiling like she's the world to you."

Peter shrugs. "She kinda is. I have a small circle of people I care about a lot, and she's definitely in that circle." He says quietly.

Tony nods. "Who else is in that circle?"

Peter's about to speak, but the waiter comes over and sets both plates of their food down. Peter takes a bite of his food. "You, May, Ned, and MJ."

Tony takes a bite of his own food. "Don't talk with food in your mouth, Peter."

Peter squints at him and swallows. "But you just- Nevermind." 

They eat in silence for a few moments and Tony speaks up. "What should we do for next Movie Night?"

Movie Night, was a weekly thing in the little household Peter, Tony, Pepper, and sometimes May had created for themselves. They'd first create a blanket fort, grab some pillows, make popcorn, pick 2 or 3 movies and eat an unreasonably unhealthy amount of junk food together. Peter loved it.

Peter thinks for a moment. "Hmm.. maybe we could do Disney movies? I haven't watc-" He's cut off by his phone ringing. He frowns in confusion and looks at it. "It's the hospital?" He says confusingly.

Peter answers it and Tony watches in silence, picking at his food. Tony watches as Peter drops his fork and brings his hand to his mouth as if he's going to vomit. Peter's face quickly goes a ghostly white and Tony starts to worry.

"Peter? What's wrong?" Tony asks in a firm worried tone.

Peter shakes his head and stutters in a weak voice. "I-May-S-She's been-Sh-s-sh-shot, I h-have to g-go." He's shaking as he stands up and grabs his jacket.