Claws/Scratches

Spooktober.11

a/n: shoRT UPLOADS GO BRRRR

"Mr. Spider-Man!" The little girl shouts, jumping up and down and waving her hands. "Mr. Spidey, help!"

Peter heard the girl cry just as he swung past, so he quickly swings back around and lands beside her. "Hey, I'm here!"

The girl's bottom lip quivers and she points up to a tree. Peter's gaze follows where she's pointing, and he internally sighs.

Stuck in the tree, there was a cat. It was so incredibly cliche, but glancing back at the girl who looked an awful lot like little Morgan, he couldn't resist helping her. He was the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man. This was his job.

He climbed up the tree slowly and carefully, as to not further scare the cat off. "Nice kitty—"

The cat was not nice. This was probably because the cat was scared, so really, it wasn't the cat's fault at all. Her fur was raised on all ends, and her tail poofed up behind her. She hissed dangerously at Peter.

Peter reaches over and grabs the cat in a hurry. He holds her to his chest.

The cat freaks out. She flails in his arms and claws frantically at his chest, no doubt ripping the fabric of his suit because of how sharp the cat's claws were.

Peter bites his lip to not cry out in pain. "Thanks," he grits out. "I think more scars were definitely what I needed. Really completes my look."

The cat doesn't respond to the joke, and manages to scramble out of Peter's arms and onto the floor. She runs back into the house she came from, and the girl cheers.

"Yay! Thank you, Mr. Spider-Man." She grins brightly, and then runs back into the house.

Peter hops down from the tree and looks down at his chest with a sigh. "Ouch."

He swings back to the tower relatively quick. He couldn't go patrolling in this suit. Not when it was half torn to shreds. Part of him wishes he wore the Iron Spider, but he knows that it scares some of the younger kids, and he was patrolling during the daylight right now.

"What happened to you?" Tony asks as he walks in.

Peter pulls his mask off and tosses it on a counter. "Please don't make me say it."

Tony snorts. "What? I could just rewatch the footage, you know. The suit records everything you see, it's called—"

"—The baby monitor protocol, yeah, I know." Peter walks into a different room and comes back in a new suit. "I was attacked by a ferocious beast."

"Something I should be worried about?" Tony asks tiredly.

"Nope."

With that, Peter swings out the balcony window.

Later that night, Tony watches back the suit feed.

He's laughing so hard that Pepper wakes up beside him. After replaying the video, Pepper is smiling too.

A ferocious beast indeed.

Peter's gonna need some more suits.