Chapter 4

Monday came around pretty quickly and you needed to get to the set at 9 am. You hastily rolled out of bed and began getting ready. With a yawn, you put on your blouse and jeans, tying your hair up and grabbing your script and purse. As you got out of your room, you heard noise coming from the kitchen. It came from a short man that you did not expect to see so early in the morning.

"Gi, what are you here?" you asked. He was talking to Jungkook while sipping on some coffee. They became good friends when they realized they shared a love for lamb skewer. Yoongi likes that Jungkook acted like the little brother he had always wanted instead of you. Jungkook likes that Yoongi didn't treat him like a celebrity.

"Be respectful, use your honorific." he snapped.

"My apologies. Grandpa, what are you doing here?" he rolled his eyes and put his mug down. Jungkook tried his best to hold in his laughter.

"I'm taking you to work and home from now on."

"What?"

"I said-"

"I heard you meowing the first time. I meant why?"

"Jin called me, told me about your conversation yesterday."

Aish, that brat, you thought to yourself. You should have told him to not say anything to Yoongi. Now he'll be even more protective. It's not like you didn't like Yoongi, it's just that his looks alone could kill anyone. No one would want to approach you when he's around, which you guess it's the whole point of him going to work with you.

"Yoon, I'm an adult now. I can take care of myself."

"Y/N, you broke the frying pan while cooking, you cut onions with the wrong side of the knife, you stepped on the gas pedal on accident and totaled your car. You have a mental age of a 4-year old."

"Okay, okay. I get it. You didn't have to be so mean about it."

"Noona, I think you should listen to him." Jungkook chimed in.

"And why is that?"

"Because he promised to buy me a new game if I sided with him." he said innocently.

"I can't believe you would sell out your girlfriend's best friend for a game." you sighed, grabbing some coffee and a protein bar.

"Well hyung is my best friend." Jungkook swung his arm over Yoongi's shoulder, which was easy because Jungkook was much taller than Yoongi. The older man made a disgusted face and pushed Jungkook's arm off. The younger one pouted cutely. You walked to the door and began putting on your shoes. Yoongi followed right behind you.

"Bye noona."

"Bye Kookie, tell Lisa I won't be home for lunch."

"Okie!"

Yoongi led you to his black Cadillac, he opened the door for you and you slid into the soft passenger seat. He had soft piano music playing on the stereo, you remember how when he was little, he wanted to be a musician. The car ride was mostly silence, except for when you gave him directions.

"Yoongi, why are you doing this?" you abruptly asked.

"I told you."

"No, you actually didn't. I have no idea why you're protecting me from... from"

"Don't speak his name."

"So you do know him! Tell me, why are you worried about him? And why is he so interested in me?"

"That's not important. What's important is that you don't talk to him, or go near him."

"Oppa!"

"That's final, Y/N." he said, his voice stern and loud. It made you sink back into your seat. You knew better than to argue with your brother, who had always protected you and made sure you were never hurt. Like when you were in middle school and some girls were picking on you, he threw paint on them. Or when some older guys tried teasing you, he chased them through town with a broom. You smiled at the memories, maybe you should listen to him, he wouldn't have any reasons to lie to you.

Once you arrived, you bid him goodbye and promised to call him if you felt unsafe for any reasons. You then proceeded to walk to the set, most of the staff and actors were already there. You saw Taehyung, at his makeup station, already dressed up in his scene outfit. He waved when he saw you, you returned with a small smile.

"Good morning, Miss Y/N." he said cheerfully.

"Oh, good morning Taehyung."

"I'm excited for the scene today. I get to start painting." He sounded like a little kid,

you couldn't believe he was around your age. "Oh, do you know who will be doing the photoshoot?"

"Um, I haven't heard anything yet." you lied, not wanting him to bombard you with a bunch of questions about Lisa. Good thing he doesn't know you guys are roomate. Let's leave it to fate to decide what happens to them. When everyone was in place, the shooting began.

"Action!" the director yelled. In this scene, the protagonist is getting beat up by some bullies. Then the girl will find him, fought off the bullies to her best abilities, and they escape to a nearby park where she bought him ice cream to comfort him. Of course Taehyung wouldn't get beat up, that's where his stunt double comes in. And that person just happens to be the person you're trying to avoid. As he entered the set, his eyes landed on you instantly. You lowered your head to avoid his stare, but you felt it until the cameras began rolling. The extras began swinging their punches at him, he had to take it. Your heart began hurting when you saw him in that condition, and you didn't know why. This is part of his job and you shouldn't feel bad, but a part of you wanted to hug him.

After a few scenes, the director called it a day. You gathered your stuff and headed out. Yoongi won't be here for another half and hour, so you decided to walk to a nearby cafe to wait for him. The sky was getting dark outside, you clutched onto your bag tighter. The street was empty for the most part. You decided to take a short cut through on ally, it sounds like a dumb idea but it would just be a few meters. As you took a step forward, you heard an echo in the back, but when you spun around, it was empty. You continued to walk forward, faster now. The echoing followed. You forced into a sprint this time, your heels clashing against the concrete. The person behind you also burst into a sprint, and it was catching up to you fast.

Then you felt a hand on your shoulder, spinning you around and pushing you on the ground. You yelped when your hand scraped against the pavement. The figure was covered in black from head to toe. It was the same person from the Farmers market. His eyes scanned you, he was holding a knife in one hand, his other hand grabbing a hold of your hair. You tried kicking him, but that only led to him punching your face.

"I finally got you."

"Help! Let go of me you freak!" you yelled out. He slashed your arm, you began crying when you saw blood running down your arm.

"I'm going to kill you now."

"No, please don't! What do you want? Money?" He laughed, a mocking laugh.

"I don't need money. I thought I killed you the first time, but it looks like I didn't finish my job. " You stared at the man, panicked but also confused. You've never been attacked in your entire life, so what did he mean by the first time? Before you had time to process anything, the guy in front of you was sent flying back. Namjoon appeared right before your eyes, and shielded you with his back.

"N-namjoon." you whispered.

"Shhh."

"Oh look who it is." the man said, "it's your little boyfriend. I get to end you both at the same time. My lucky day." You were now even more confused. You've never met Namjoon before and as far as you are concerned, you've never had a boyfriend before.

"You fucker. Don't you dare lay a hand on her." Namjoon growled. His grip on you was tighter. Your heart was beating out of your chest, your body began trembling. The man then pushed forward, swinging his knife at Namjoon. Namjoon pushed you back, then ducked down, and kicked the man from behind. But he turned around quickly and slashed Namjoon's chest. He grunted and fell down on the floor. Without thinking, you ran to him, hiding him behind you as the stranger approach. He held the knife up high, you closed your eyes, waiting for the impact.