Chapter 21

It's your day off, and since it's too cold for the farmer's market, you decided to just go to the store for some groceries. Both for your apartment and Yoongi's. He's a great cook but sometimes he forgets to buy the necessary ingredients. As you headed towards the produce aisle, you saw a familiar silhouette. Your heart felt guilty for being excited because you really shouldn't be. Your feet dragged you closer unconsciously, but then you stopped, turning away to leave.

"Y/N?" he heard him asked and froze in your spot as you were trying to walk away. "Is that you?" You prepared yourself before turning around and tried not to be awkward.

"Good morning, Lay-ssi. I didn't expect to see you here."

"Ah, yes. I just finished moving into my new apartment. Now I'm just out to stock my fridge." he said, in an almost shy manner. You peeked into his basket, a lot of vegetables.

"Yeah, same here. I-I mean, I already have apartment. I'm just out buying groceries..." You looked down at your cart, which was filled with snacks and ramens. You hope he didn't notice.

"I see. Well how are you feeling? Have you gone to get a check up?"

"Yes sir, Yoongi took me the other day." you said, he gave you a small chuckle, his dimples were showing.

"I'm glad." He pursed his lips back, and then continued, "Y/N?"

"Y-yes?" you stuttered, sensing that something serious was about to happen. He moved closer, minimizing the space between your cart and his basket.

"I've been so busy lately, but seeing you now just took a lot of that stress away." he confessed.

"What?" You couldn't believe that he said that. One because he barely knows you and two, you weren't sure what to make of the situation. Namjoon popped into your head, but you haven't' heard from him since you woke up. So maybe he really was serious about everything.

"And it would be silly for me to call you later, I'm going to ask you now." Lay said, ignoring your question.

"Ask me what?"

"Will you go on a date with me tonight?"

***

You knocked on Yoongi's door, it was also his day off but there is a 99.9% chance that he is still asleep. It's only a few hours past noon. Surprisingly, the door opened. Otherwise, you could have used the spare key he gave you.

"Good morning, Gi-" Your heart stopped, and it dropped to your stomach. In front of you was not your brother. The man was taller by a few inches, less pale, his face more structured and defined than Yoongi's. His hair was also more of a chocolate brown whereas Yoongi is midnight. He was also shirtless. His eyes widened when he saw you. The two of you faced off in a staring battle for quite some times before a voice interrupted.

"Babe, who's at the door?" A hand slithered down his bare chest, and a girl tiptoed to rest her chin on his shoulder. You blinked, checking the door one last time. Apartment 264, Yoongi's apartment, but the scene in front of you is making you so confused.

"Oh, uh, it's my roommate's sister." Namjoon answered, moving away from the door to let you in. He took the girl's arm off of him. The girl gave you a dirty look before walking away, wearing only his shirt. You rolled your eyes and moved into the kitchen, still unable to process what's happening.

"Y/N, look-"

"Save it. So you live with Yoongi now?" you asked lazily, putting the groceries into the fridge. It'll distract you from the tears that's threatening to fall. But you can't let him see you like this. You thought you knew him.

"Yeah. He said it would be good that I'm no longer at my old house. And I'm gonna try to get a new job soon." he answered, still standing outside the kitchen.

"I see, well good for you."

"Y/N, please hear me out. This isn't what it looks like."

"So you didn't have sex with that girl when you said I was the only girl you love." you snapped back, slamming the fridge. It was loud that even Namjoon jumped a little. "Forget it, sorry, we're friends now. You can do whatever and whoever you want." You said, grabbing your stuff and leaving. You walked past him and he grabbed your hand.

"Yoongi will be home soon from the gym, don't you want to wait for him?"

You remained facing the door, and yanked your hand back from him. Looking up, your tears were already falling out. "No, I don't want to be here anymore." You wiped the tears away. "Now if you'll excuse me. I have to prepare for my date tonight." You said, walking out the door, leaving him there by himself.

***

"To be honest," Lay said as he was putting some finishing touches on the meal, "I didn't think you would say yes right away when I asked." You sat in the kitchen table, patiently waiting and watching as he cooked. "Not that I'm complaining, by the way." He placed the pasta in front of you and took a seat. "It's just that I thought you might think I was weird for being so direct."

"Are you kidding? I thought you would think I was weird for, well, for everything that I do." The two of you laughed. You remembered this morning when he asked you out on the date, and how shamelessly fast you answered. Then he said he would be cooking at home and promised to pick you up and drop you off at home on time. He seems very genuine.

"And I know it's weird that I took you home on the first date. I hope you know that's not my intentions."

"We should really stop saying 'weird'." you teased, he smiled a shy smile. "But no, I would rather do this then a loud restaurant. And besides, this looks amazing. Let's dig in!"

The two of you ate, and took turns talking about your lives. You talked about Yoongi, and how your mom is still in Daegu. You left out the part about the gang for obvious reasons. You're not at the point with trust just yet. You told him about your upcoming movie, which he seemed surprised by considering how young you are. Then he told you about his family, how he's an only child, and he left his parents back in China to pursue his medical degree. You teased how he's also young but accomplished. The conversation was so easy and felt so natural.

"Wow, that was amazing. Thank you for the meal." you said, wiping your mouth with a napkin.

"Thank you, I'm so glad you liked it. I spent the whole day learning this recipe." He shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Really?"

"Yes, I really wanted to impress you." he answered, cheeks flushing a little.

"You do? I mean... why?" You thought about yourself, with no distinct features or anything that would interest anyone.

"Isn't it obvious?" Lay asked.

"Because you secretly want to open a restaurant and you need my opinion on the food?" He laughed, loud, as if he had been nervous the whole time. "Well yes, but I want you to see me differently, and not just your old doctor."

"How should I see you then?"

"As someone you can depend on, someone that will make you happy, and won't hurt you. I've liked you for a while now, and I know you deserve someone who will keep that beautiful smile on your face." You gasped, covering your mouth. Good thing you weren't eating anymore because you would have for sure choked. "Will you allow me to be that person?"

He met your eyes, and his gaze was soft. It gave you some butterflies. Your heart was beating fast. From his eyes to his beautiful smile, everything was so inviting. He made you forget about this afternoon with Namjoon. And he could be the one to heal your heart.

"Yes."