Chapter 14

The day earlier

"Fuck," Yoongi groaned, examining the area, "there's not a single witness here." He's been going around asking people is they saw the incident since last night. He hasn't gotten a wink of sleep. "Whoever did this knew the schedule of this town."

"Hyung," said Namjoon slowly, "I think we know who did this."

"What?" the older man asked? Namjoon handed him a handkerchief with white powder still on it. "I found this in the trash can. Either he's too full of himself to clean up his mess, or he intentionally wanted us to find him." Yoongi carefully grabbed the handkerchief with gloves and inspected the red signature on the bottom, Cadaver.

"Shit." Yoongi cursed out loud again. Even though Yoongi had been trying to locate the leader, the investigations would always come back as a dead end. He should have expected that he would take this opportunity to attack Y/N.

"I know. But this is a lead, and there some cameras on the street light. We can use them to see the directions where he could have taken her. And knowing him, he wouldn't kill her right away." Namjoon said, hoping that his statement was true. Yoongi nodded and together they headed back to the police station where Hoseok had just arrived earlier this morning.

Once they arrived at the station, they immediately met with Hoseok who was already working on the surveillance camera.

"What's the status, Hoseok?" Yoongi asked, Namjoon following right behind him. He was allowed into the room on Yoongi's order.

"Since it was one of the main streets, there are many cameras that needed to be checked. And we don't have a clear time of when she was taken. But we do have a time zone of between 10 am and 6 pm when your mom went to Namjoon's house." The red-headed man answered.

"Alright, let's get to work then." said Yoongi. His body slammed into the chair as if he had no control of it. His hands were shaking a little when he tried putting on the headphone.

"Hyung," Hoseok said worriedly, "You should take a break, you haven't slept in more than a day. And you haven't eaten anything. Namjoon and I can take care of it."

"Shut up." was all that he said in return. The younger one sighed, rubbing the back of his neck and turned to Namjoon.

"I don't know why I wanted to be his partner. He's so stubborn. Aren't you tired?" Namjoon offered a weak smile in response and shook his head. It was the truth, he didn't feel tired, not physically. But emotionally, he felt drained. It was already upsetting that he can't be with you, but it was worse knowing that you're in the hands of some maniac, and he can't do anything about it. He wanted to cry, but told himself he couldn't have that privilege because he was the one that caused it, and pushing you away. He'd only ever wanted to keep you safe, but in the process he also created a wall between the two of you.

The weird thing is, he doesn't regret doing that because he no longer wants you to be involved in his messed up life. After the gang disbanded, his parents had moved away, wanting to start a new life with their sons. But Namjoon, filled with guilt, decided to stay behind as the only way to pay for his mistakes. His parents bought a new house and got a new job. Taehyung was scouted to be an actor and has been extremely successful. But Namjoon on the other hand kept living in the past. He felt nothing, hollow, useless. He didn't know where you were. Yoongi made sure to keep that a secret. It wasn't until your mom accidentally spilled to him your location that he had decided to go find you and to see how you were doing, and only that. At least, that's what he told himself. He packed a few things and went to the city. He settled on a small apartment with the money that his parents had sent him. When he heard that you were working on a movie, he didn't think twice before applying to be a stunt double. He met up with Taehyung first, who was firmly against the idea, but gave in after seeing how heartbroken his brother was.

Namjoon wanted the encounter with you to be a pure coincident, but he couldn't help himself. So he waited until everyone left so that you two could talk, even though you don't remember anything. But then he noticed a figure quietly observing you in the parking lot, and he was stepping forward to you. Without much thinking, he decided to dash out in front of you instead. And when he looked back at the figure, he was gone. It wasn't the greatest plan, since you seemed a little scared and uncomfortable of him, which was something he never wanted. But the biggest concerned then was to keep you safe. So, in a way, he began following you around, to make sure that stalking didn't come back to hurt you. And on that fateful night, he was at the right place at the right time.

Seeing you hurt killed him, so he was glad that he was the one that got seriously injured instead of you. After that, Yoongi forced him onto the train and even rode with him back to Daegu. He warned Namjoon not to contact you, or else he would take you away, again.

And now you're gone. He doesn't even know if you're dead or alive, but he knew he'd risk everything to find you. He didn't even blink as he stared at the monitor, analyzing every single frames.

"We got a hit!" Hoseok yelled out. Yoongi and Namjoon bolted from their seats and ran over to the man. He pointed to one of the screens that showed the location. On the screen was you walking, Namjoon sighed upon seeing the familiar white dress that you wore. Soon after a man in a mask approached you from behind and placed something over your face.

"That bastard drugged her." Yoongi growled.

"Hyung," said Namjoon, the two men in front of him both turned around. "He's looking directly at the camera."

"What does it mean?" Hoseok asked.

"It means he wants us to find him." Yoongi said in a low voice. Hoseok became visibly tensed, most likely remembering their encounter many years ago.

"Then let's give that psycho what he wants." Namjoon said. With that, they continued observing other camera screens in the direction that he was headed. Dawn was an hour ago, the three of them continued rummaging through footage. They managed the car and the direction. Soon after, the footage ended because the area he was headed in became more deserted.

"Doesn't that road look familiar?" Hoseok asked.

"My thoughts exactly." said Yoongi, "It looked like the direction of their old hideout. But it's been so long and I thought they already built something there."

"No, constructions for the new factories ended last year for some unknown reasons." Namjoon said.

"I guess this is the reason why. He really wanted us to find him." Hoseok nodded. Yoongi continued, "Now that we have a possible location, we need to gather up a team. Who knows how many thugs he has with him. I'll get the chief-"

"Hyung!"

"What, Hoseok?"

"Namjoon's gone!"