Chapter 26

You were lying in your bed, Lay's arms wrapped around you. You were about to doze off when you heard pounding at the front door. Lay was definitely asleep now. You grunted as you got up, putting on your robe and headed for the front door. Lisa, like Yoongi, is also a heavy sleeper. Thank god she doesn't live alone or else she might die of a fire.

The pounding continued. You looked at the peephole, and sighed when you saw Namjoon. At least he didn't seem drunk. You opened the door slowly, not leaving him room to enter.

"Namjoon, look I'm sorry about this morning but what the hell are you doing-" he pushed the door back, sending you stumbling. But you caught yourself before you fell. His eyes widened, obviously worried that he could have hurt you. He moved closer.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry." he tried hugging you, but you pushed him away.

"Namjoon what are you doing here?" you asked again, your voice a bit louder this time.

"I can explain later, but where is Lay?" he asked urgently. You could tell that something was terribly wrong.

"I'm right here." You turned around, seeing Lay standing outside the bedroom in his pajamas. Before you could say anything, Namjoon ran up to him, the folder in his hand fell, and landed a punch on Lay's face. Lay fell down to the floor. Namjoon was about to go at it again. You sprinted to the two of them, trying to push Namjoon away.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you do that?" You turned back to Lay, his cheek was bruised. "Are you okay?" you asked, he nodded. You caressed his cheeks lightly. You felt his body tensing, you had to stop him from getting into the fight.

"I told you not to trust him." Namjoon growled, "and I was right."

"What are you talking about?"

"He's fucking cheating on you, Y/N."

"What?" you felt your heart dropping, but you weren't going to believe anything that he said.

"He's having an affair with one of the nurse. I had my team keep tabs on him. All the evidence are in that folder." He tilted his head to the folder that was laying on the ground. You felt your body shaking, as you turned back to look at Lay.

"He's lying. He's lying, right? Please tell me this isn't true?" your voice trembled, tears began to roll out of your eyes. Lay looked down, and said nothing.

"I told you-" Namjoon began.

"Shut up!" you yelled, your eyes still locked on Lay. "Lay, please say something. Please tell him that he's wrong and that you would never do that to me."

"Of course I would never do that to you. He's just jealous of us." Those were the things you wanted him to say. You wanted him to say that so badly, you were going insane.

"I'm sorry." was the only thing you said. You fell to the ground, trying to catch your breath. Lay said something, but you couldn't make out what it was. You wanted to throw up. They both tried to reach out for you, but you backed away.

"Don't touch me."

"Y/N," said Lay, "I really do love you. I swear, it was just a slip of the moment. I was going to end it after the wedding."

"You wanted to marry me but you still did that?"

"I'm sorry. But this isn't only my fault."

"What the hell does that mean? Are you blaming me for you cheating?"

"What else was I supposed to do? We're engaged and yet it feels like you're never with me. You rarely say you love me, you rarely touch me, we don't even kiss each other good night. And Jesus, we're engaged yet you don't even let me see you naked! I knew when I saw you, that there were pieces of you that were missing. You wanted someone to fill in the void. The void that he left. I thought I could be that for you, but I knew only he could make you full again." You knew he was talking about Namjoon.

"Then why did you propose?"

"Because I thought if I made you mine forever, you would forget him. But nothing changed. And I can't wait for you to love me. I know you don't"

"That's not true-"

"It is true. I'm sorry that it had to come to this. I'll pack up now." He got up and rummaged around in the bedroom. Moments later, he appears with his bag of clothes, and left.

"Y/N," Namjoon said, trying to help you up from the floor. You push his hands away and crawled to the folder. You knew it would be a bad idea to go through the pictures, but you needed to know. Your hand was shaking as you reached for the folder. But then Namjoon's hand swipe the folder away from you. You looked up at him, your eyes doing all the pleading. You didn't have the energy to talk.

"Y/N, you shouldn't see this. I only brought it if he was in denial. But it seemed that things went smoother than I thought."

"You're calling this smooth?" It was Lisa. She was wearing her pink pajamas and she seemed furious. She then walked over to you, and pulled you into her arms. You didn't fight back and begin crying. "Look at what happened to her? And you dare say that it went smoothly?"

"Lisa, I didn't mean it like that."

"Do you have any idea how sad she was when she told me that you left her? She was so lonely and finally there was a person that made her forget about you. But then you came crawling back like you're entitled to her. You don't deserve her." You were shocked that sweet Lisa could say these things. You cried harder knowing that your best friend would defend you from anything.

"N-namjoon." you managed to say. "Please let me see the folder, and leave."

"But-" Lisa glared at him. "Okay. I'll be back tomorrow morning." He put the folder on the table and left. You slowly got up, with Lisa supporting you. You walked over to the table and picked up the folder.

"Unnie, you shouldn't."

"I have to." you took a seat on the sofa and began going through the pictures. It felt like there was a hammer on your heart with every picture. You saw him with a nurse, body pressed up against each other, lips locking. Then you went to the next picture, it was the same girl, they were simply talking, but he had such a big smile. One that you never saw before. You felt your heart aching, not only for yourself, but also for Lay. He might have been so lonely because you were being selfish. You never thought about whether you were making him happy or not.

"Unnie, are you okay?"

"Am I so hard to love? I can't even love myself enough to forget him."

You didn't specify who, but Lisa knew exactly who you were talking about. All she did was held you until you fell asleep on the couch.