Chapter 16

"Y/N," Yoongi called out. He entered your room where you were doing homework, well more like watching Train to Busan on your phone. It's a cinematic masterpiece and one day, you hope to write something as great as this."There's someone I want you to meet." he continued. You felt that there was some hesitation in his voice. Min Yoongi is not known to be speechless, so whatever it is, it must be important. Nonetheless, you followed him into the living room.

"Who could be so important that you would interrupt my kdrama-" you stopped when you saw him. The familiar pink hair man sat on the couch but got up when he saw you.

"This is my friend, Kim Namjoon." Yoongi said. Namjoon held up his hand, you extended yours.

"I'm M-min Y/N." you answered back. "Nice to meet you, Namjoon-ssi." He smiled dimples were showing. They're cute.

"The pleasure is mine." he added. You couldn't believe you just shook hands with the one and only Kim Namjoon. He's been friends with Yoon since elementary but Yoongi had always kept his friends to himself. You've developed a small crush on Namjoon ever since you saw him playing soccer in the field by himself. He looked so dreamy, but he never noticed you. No one notices you actually. In school, people knew you as Yoongi's sister, which gave you a bad reputation because Yoongi had a bad rep. But you didn't mind, you still had Taehyung and Jimin. Being friends with Taehyung had its benefits, you got to go to his and Namjoon's house now and then, and you would sneak glances while he's working out. But he was rarely at home. Now he's right here in front of you, shaking your hand.

"You can let go of each other's hand now." Yoongi said, rolling his eyes and moving to the kitchen. You snapped back to reality, it seemed like the both of you didn't realize how long that physical contact was.

"Sorry." he said, laughing shyly.

"No, that's fine. Your hand was soft. I-I mean, your hands are nice. Wait, no, no, I-I mean, what kind of lotion do you use?" you asked, trying to control the blush that's creeping up on your face. He probably thinks you're weird now, great. You looked up at him, but he just laughed.

"I steal some of Tae's Chanel lotion, don't tell him." you nodded. "I never realized that Taehyung has such a pretty friend."

"What?"

"Can we be friends too?" he asked.

"Why?"

"So we can get to know each other better. Do you not want that?"

"I do." you said quickly, no shame at all.

"Then that's settled." Namjoon smiled.

"Alright cotton candy head."

"What?"

"Your hair, it's like cotton candy." You laughed, your eyes disappearing completely. He rolled his eyes but laughed along with you.

***

"Y/N, you've been spending a lot of time with hyung." Tae said as the three of you, including Jimin, sat on the bleachers in front of the soccer field. Namjoon asked you to wait for him after school today because he had something he wanted to tell you.

"Aww, is my little Tae Tae jealous?" you asked, pinching his cheeks which he hates. He swatted your hand away.

"Aish, no. But I'm just warning you, hyung isn't the best person."

"Neither are you, Tae." Jimin laughed. The pair began hitting each other's arm back and forth. You laughed at their childish tantrum. But then you thought about everything. It was true that you have been spending a lot more time together. He took you to some of his games, and even invited you to dinner at his house. You returned the favor and your parents were very welcoming of him. Yoongi seemed distressed for some reason, even though they're friends. Maybe he's just not used to seeing you with a boy because you've never had a boyfriend.

Namjoon as my boyfriend, you blushed at the thought but snapped back to reality when you saw him approaching the three of you. Swear coated his face and his pink hair was swept away from his face. He wore shorts and a sleeveless shirt, revealing his tough built.

"Ready to go?" he asked, dimples appearing. You nodded, turning to the boys and waving at them. Namjoon reached for your bag and carried it before you could object. You waved at the other boys, Taehyung giving you a concerned look, you mouthed to him "I'll be okay."

The two of you walked down to the gate of the school, your hand trailing along the fence. Namjoon swiftly reached for your free hand, as he often does. You looked at your intertwined hands and smiled. It's been a few months since Yoongi officially introduce him to you. He was always the one to make the first move, like asking you out or even initiating physical contacts. Maybe today he'll kiss you, you thought. But then that would be weird. You guys haven't established any real relationships yet. Maybe he only sees you as Yoongi's sister, like everyone else does. Namjoon noticed your frown and stopped walking.

"Y/N." You didn't see him stopping so you walked right into his back.

"Uh, sorry. Yes?"

"What were you thinking about?" he asked gently.

"Nothing much." you lied, "Didn't you have something to tell me?"

He frowned, "I wish my girlfriend would be more honest with me."

"Oh you have a girlfriend?" you stupidly asked, the question just came out of you so naturally, you didn't even think about it. He gave you a confused look, but then immediately laughed.

"Um, yeah, I think so. We've been together for a few months now." He rubbed the back of his neck, tilting his head. "I've been to her house a lot for dinner and vice versa. She always supports me at my games, and she's friends with my brother. It's a pretty good circumstance." Your heart felt heavy, and so did your eyes as tears began forming.

You removed your hand from his."I see, so that's what you wanted to talk to me about. Your girlfriend must be uncomfortable with me being around you. I'm sorry I didn't notice-"

"Woah, woah, woah. Hold on. Y/N, don't you understand?"

"Yes, perfectly. I will not bother you anymore."

"Y/N, what if I told you my girlfriend is the best writer in the whole school?"

"Well that's quite impossible because I am the best writer at our school..." you stopped and looked at his smirk. Then every clicked. "Am I being pranked right now? Yoongi knows about my gigantic crush on you and I swear to god when I find him-" His lips were now on yours. Your body stiffened, your eyes closed, but you responded to the kiss, your lips mirroring his movement. His hands moved to cup your face. It was hot, physically. Your thoughts were running wild. He moved his body closer to yours, your hands automatically grabbed his back.

After a while, both of you were breathless. You tried covering your face when you pulled away from him, but he held your wrist tightly.

"Don't do it baby girl, I want to see you."

"Wait, I'm so confused!"

"This is not a prank. In fact Yoongi would kill me right now if he knew I had just kissed you."

"Then why did you kiss me?"

"Because you're my girlfriend?"

"Why is that a question?"

"Because I'm not good at this, I've never dated before." he said quietly, it was so cute the way he held your hands and looked down, legs kicking the pavement.

"Not to judge you or make you sound like a man whore, but I've seen you with plenty of girls. You are a senior after all."

"It's just business. But that's what I wanted to talk to you about. You might hate me after this..."