Chapter 5

You never imagined how you would die. But you always thought it would be when you're old and withered, and the sleep would just take you away. Being murdered for no apparent reason was the last thing you've ever imagined. The stranger held the knife up, and you waited for the impact as you closed your eyes.

"Put your hands up, you bastard." a voice yelled out. Your eyes shot opened and wandered to the source of the sound. Yoongi stood a few feet from the man, his gun pointed at the man's head. He didn't seem angry, but he remained calm and collected. The man laughed and raised his arms up. "Now drop your weapon." Yoongi said, slowly moving towards him. The man did as told, but something in his eyes said he was about to do something else. Before the knife hit the floor, he swung around and kicked Yoongi in the stomach, he then grabbed the gun from Yoongi's hand. When Yoongi got back to his senses, the man was gone. You turned your attention back to the man behind you.

"Namjoon," you shook his shoulder, he was barely conscious. He clutched onto his chest, his hands were bloody.

"Y/N, get away from him!" Yoongi yelled from behind, he tried prying you away from Namjoon.
"Oppa, we have to help him!" you said, pushing Yoongi's hands off of you.

"No, we don't. He brought this on himself." You turned to look at him, trying to search for any emotions in his eyes, but found none.

"How could you say that? He saved me!"

"If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't have been endangered in the first place."

"What? What do you mean? He's dying!"

"Y/N." a quiet voice said. You turned to look at Namjoon, his eyes were half open. "Listen to him, just go. I'll be okay."

"I will not leave you, you need to go to the hospital."

"I already called for an ambulance." Yoongi said.

"Shut up! I'm not talking to you anymore." You lifted Namjoon up in your arms. "Please stay awake, we will get you help soon."

"I'm glad you're okay." His hands went up, sweeping some hair out from your face. "I'll always near you, don't worry." The sound of the ambulance can be heard nearby.

"Y/N, we have to go. I don't want you to get caught up in this." Yoongi picked you up, you tried fighting him, but he resisted. Namjoon continued lying on the floor, but he smiles at you. Yoongi threw you into the car. He child locked it beforehand because he knew you would try to get out. He sped the whole ride, instead of your apartment, he was taking you to his so that he could keep an eye on you. When you got to the apartment, he carried you like a child to your room. He came back after a while with a first aid kit, you had forgotten about your wounds. He carefully disinfected the wounds and put a bandaid on it. He then exited, and slammed the door. You shook your head and went to open the door. But it wouldn't move. You turned the knob a few more times, but it remained motionless.

"Min Yoongi, you did not just lock me in here." you yelled out, pounding on the door.

"It's for your own good." you heard him saying, he was just outside.

"Stop keeping me in the dark! Yoon, please let me out!"

"No, I will do anything to keep you safe."

"By locking me in a room?"

"If that's what it takes."

"You're being ridiculous. I have a job. And I have a life. You can't keep me in here forever."

"It won't be forever. Just until he's out of the picture." You gulped, knowing that he was talking about Namjoon, and you also knew what Yoongi is capable of since he's the chief of police.

"Please don't hurt him. I don't know who he is, but he saved me."

"And that's the only reason why I'll let him live."

"Gi, who is he?"

"Someone you should never have met." You heard his footsteps walking away, and eventually disappearing. You slump down on the ground, holding your legs. His car engine then turned on, you ran to the window to see that he had left. Even the windows were locked, he really thought of everything. Your thoughts wandered back to Namjoon, bloody and weak. It made you cry, hard. The thought of him in pain and alone ached you, and there was nothing you can do for him.

Who is he and what am I to him?

***

You woke up with the door bumping your back. As you sat up, you realized you fell asleep on the floor. The door continued pushing in, you got up on your feet.

"Why were you on the floor?" Yoongi interrogated.

"Are you finally letting me out now?" you asked, ignoring his question. He let out a sigh and nodded his head. You jumped out of joy but then your heart stopped immediately. "Yoongi, where is Namjoon right now?" His face darkened and he lower his gaze.

"That's none of your concern."

"It is! What did you do to him?"

"The important thing is that he's gone now." Your shoulders dropped, you felt your knees giving out. "Don't worry, he's still alive." he said before leaving you in the room. You got ready in silence, then Yoongi drove you to work since you didn't have your car. He didn't say anything else to you, knowing that you probably didn't feel like talking. Your heart sank when you couldn't find Namjoon on set, and he had a scene today as well. You walked over to the director.

"Where's the stunt double?" you asked, trying to sound normal.

"You mean Kim Namjoon? That jerk quit this morning without a warning. We had to find a replacement. Took forever."

"Oh. Do you have his number, by any chance?"

"Yeah, why?"

"May I have it?" He lifted one eyebrow. "I uh, just wanted to give him a piece of my mind. You know? For causing us so much trouble."

"Right... here." He handed you a folder, containing Namjoon's resume. "I was about to throw it away anyways. Thanks for doing that for me instead." You bowed to the director as he walked away. Your attention returned to the folder, maybe you can find out more about the guy. His resume was pretty much blank and you wondered how he even got this job. Considering his mysterious demeanor, he's capable of anything. His headshot was in the corner. His black hair was down, his eyes were so sad. He was smiling lightly, but you can clearly see one of his dimples. For his hometown, he put Daegu, which also just happened to be yours and Yoongi's hometown. He left education and past employees blank. You finally found his phone number and quickly dialed it.

The number you have dialed is no longer in service.

Fuck, you didn't think Yoongi would go as far as to make him change his phone number entirely. You tried calling his landlord, but she said he left last night in a rush. Now you have no idea how to contact him. But you suddenly remembered something that Namjoon told you last night. "I'll always near you, don't worry." If he really meant that, then you know exactly what you have to do.

You waited a few days to execute your plan, so that Yoongi would get off your back. After work, you hung around the set until everyone was gone. When the last of the cameramen have left, you started walking through the empty streets. Honestly, you didn't have a fully thought out plan yet. You thought that if you were alone, you could lure out Namjoon, or your attacker from yesterday. Either way, you were going to get an answer once and for all.

You turned the corner to the same alley where you were attacked that night. Your heart pounding with every step. Just then, you heard footsteps echoing behind you, they were heavy, like from yesterday. Shit, it could be the attacker. You dug through your purse, grabbing onto the pepper spray, your hand on the trigger. You stopped walking when you were further down the alley, the footstep stopped behind you.

"Little girl, you're really stupid, did you know that?"