Chapter 22

"Are you not going to talk to me anymore? Y/N, stop being so childish."

"Shut up, you're not my brother anymore." you mumbled, turning your face away to avoid his gaze.

"Guess you won't be having the steamed sweet potatoes I brought over." Yoongi said, his voice high.

"I'm not a child anymore, you can't tempt me with food."

"Fine, fine. You're right. You're an adult that can resist the smell of this wonderful, delicious thing." Yoongi said, dangling the bag in front of you, swinging it back and forth. Your eyes following its movement. "Guess I'll just have to throw this away. That lady from down the street who sold me this would be so disappointed."

"You mean Mrs. Song from my favorite food stand?" you asked suddenly. He gave you a smile that implies he was satisfied with your reaction.

"Yes, that sweet old lady. I'll go throw this away then-"

You yanked it out of his hand, "Well we wouldn't want to waste such a meal."

"I knew you wouldn't be able to resist." he laughed.

"What do you want, Yoongi?" you asked while stuffing your face with sweet potato. The two of you were at your apartment. It was early morning when Yoongi barged in, demanding that you would talk to him.

"You've been ignoring my calls for a week now. I was getting worried. Is everything okay?"

"Yup, everything is fine."

"C'mon, didn't we promise no secrets?"

"Really? You wanna talk about secrets? Were you ever going to tell me that Namjoon is now your roommate?" you asked.

"I said I'm sorry for that." he said, rolling his eyes.

"You're sorry? I don't know what's worse, having the person you love tell you that they'd rather be friends, or then later seeing him having relations with another girl?" you yelled, but took another breath and remained calm.

"I told him to be careful."

"So you knew? But you didn't tell me so I could have avoided that scene?" you sarcastically laughed. You got up and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?"

"To work, and I suggest you leave. I don't want to see you right now." You didn't get to hear his response as you slammed the door. Good thing Lisa had already left for a photo shoot. You didn't really tell her what had happened, besides your date with Lay. She was of course happy for your new start.

As you pulled into the parking lot, you saw the last person you wanted to see. He was talking to Taehyung, the two of them were laughing, it seems they have caught up with each other. You tried to walk past them without drawing any attention to yourself, but this is Taehyung you're talking about. He immediately noticed you and tried waving you over.

"Y/N! Look who came to visit!" he yelled out, pointing at Namjoon who kept staring at you the whole way you walked over to them. You tried to look straight at Tae, who was excited about showing off his brother.

"Good morning, Tae." you said, "and Namjoon." That part was quieter. He seemed disappointed, but Tae didn't notice. But he did notice the air of awkwardness.

"Hey, I'm gonna go in now. Catch you two later, okay?" Tae said before running off, not even letting either of you answer. You were about to turn to leave but Namjoon stepped in front of you.

"Y/N, let's talk."

"There's nothing to talk about Namjoon." you said, trying to walk around him, but he was persistent.

"Don't blame Yoongi hyung, he was only helping me."

"That's so nice of him. Helping everyone but not his own sister."

"Y/N, stop being ridiculous, you know he loves you. And he was only helping me out with a place to stay and a job."

"What job?" You didn't know why you asked that, you wanted the conversation to end.

"A detective. Yoongi said with my skills, it would be a good match."

"Yeah, that is perfect for you. A liar, lots of secrets, not afraid to hurt anyone..."

"Y/N, please hear me out." he begged.

"Namjoon, there's literally nothing for you to say. We are not together so it's only natural for you to.... be with other people."

"But I don't feel anything for her, just know that."

"That's not important to me, not anymore. I think my heart was broken enough. Let's just forget it now." This time you pushed through him, but he grabbed your wrist. You tried shaking it off, but he wouldn't let go. "Namjoon, you were the one that said we should be friends, why are you acting like this?"

"Because I regret it."

"What? Let me go."

"No."

"She said let her go, and I suggest you do that before I hurt you." The two of you turned around to the source of the voice. Your heart felt lifted when you saw him. He had a bouquet in his hand. He walked over to the two of you and grabbed your hand from Namjoon.

"Dr. Zhang," said Namjoon, "what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm just here to visit my girlfriend at work." Lay answer, wrapping his arm around your waist and pulling you closer.

"Girlfriend?" Namjoon asked quietly, sounding obviously shocked and hurt.

"Uh, y-yeah. Namjoon, Lay is my boyfriend now. And Lay, you know Namjoon, Yoongi's friend and roommate."

"Yes, I remember him." he said, smiling down at you, but then he turned back to Namjoon, giving him a glare. "Now I'm just wondering why you would bother my girlfriend when she obviously doesn't want you around." The air around suddenly became tensed.

"We were just talking through some personal stuff."
"I see. Well, if you don't mind, I would like to be with my girlfriend right now."

Namjoon wanted to say something further, but held himself back. "Alright, see you two later then." Then he walked away. You let out a breath you didn't even know you've been holding in.

"Sweetness, are you okay?" Lay asked, voice filled with concerns. You blushed, still not being used to nickname yet. It's been a week since you guys have been dating, and he called you every night to say good night. The two of you also talks a lot about your days, talking to him felt natural. It made you feel like a schoolgirl once again. This is the first time you've seen him since the first date. Can't help that the both of you have been so busy. You still haven't introduced him to anyone yet.

"Yes, I'm fine. What are you doing here, by the way?"

"I miss you." he said simply, leaning down to kiss your cheeks. "And I have some time before I have to go to work, so I wanted to surprise you."

"Well, I am surprise. And I missed you too." you said, pulling him into a hug. You took in his scent, like fresh laundry. He wrapped his arms around you.

"But it seemed like that guy ruined the surprise." he said bitterly while still in the hug.

"I'm sorry about that. I tried to walk away." You pulled away, to look up at him, caressing his cheeks.

"Who is he to you?"

"Someone I shouldn't have met in the first place." you sighed. Lay didn't seem convinced, there was definitely something that both you and Namjoon were still hiding. But nonetheless, Lay lets it go, handing you the bouquet and walking you to the set, hand in hand.