Chapter 15

Namjoon!

You gathered all of your energy to open your eyes. He tackled your kidnapper, the two of them strangling each other on the ground in front of you. He pinned Namjoon down. The man then pulled out a gun from his back pocket, aiming it right in front of Namjoon's face. Namjoon moved his hand to angle the gun away from him, but it wouldn't bulge. His fingers were on the trigger, ready to pull, a smirk appeared on his face.

"I'm glad I get to kill the two lovers today." he said with a laugh. You tried screaming at him, but nothing came out. Instead, you took advantage of the distraction to untie yourself. The fall earlier loosen to rope. Tears streamed out of your eyes as you felt your wrists burning up. Blood pours out, making it easier to slip out of the knots. Then you heard a gunshot.

"Shit." Namjoon grunted.

As you looked in front of you, you saw a puddle of blood underneath Namjoon. The gun was pointed at his shoulder. He was still moving, struggling to get the man off of him. They didn't notice as you got up, legs wobbling as you made your way over to the machine. Your hands shaking as you touched the two clips, trauma washed over you. Luckily, the machine was still on. You turned to see the man punching Namjoon, his body laid unmoving. With all your might, you ran to them as the man picked up the phone again, his body rising to stand.

"Say goodbye, Y/N-" his smile faded. The chair was empty. From behind, you jammed the clips into his neck. His body shook a little bit and then fell down. You dropped the clips and immediately ran over to him.

"Namjoon, hey, hey. Please wake up." His eyes slowly opened, his mouth formed a smile. Without thinking, you cradled his face with your hands. He raised one hand to wipe your hair out of the way. "Why are you here?"
"I'm glad I got here in time. Y/N, I'm glad you're okay." he said, ignoring your question.

"We have to get out of here, there's a bomb-" You heard movement from behind, the man was stirring, his hand searching for something, most likely the gun that was near him. You quickly got up and dived for the object as he begins to sit up. You pointed it at him, both hands on the gun to control your erratic shaking. His eyes glued on you.

"Little mouse, you wouldn't do it."

"You don't know what I'm capable of. Don't you dare move from that spot." you tried your best to sound intimidating. He laughed, but raised his hands up to surrender.

"Fine, fine. But you got about a minute before this shit hole blows up. I suggest you run." You scurried to pick up Namjoon, placing his arm over your shoulder. He was barely conscious, but his legs were still moving, helping you support him. You were exhausted and in pain from the shock and the hunger that's been consuming you. But you needed to get Namjoon out of the building. Before you left, you turned to look at the man one last time, the gun still in your hand. You could kill him right this moment, you could make him pay for all that he's done. For your father's death, for your family's lost, for your lost of Namjoon. You felt lost all these years and it was because of the man in front of you. You have every reason to be furious. You aimed the gun at his head, finger lingering over the trigger.

"Y/N," Namjoon whispered, his head pointed at the ground, "don't do it." Your body tensed. The man laughed.

"You wouldn't" he dared, his eyes were carefree. His hands were still in the air, swaying back and forth as if he's dancing. He's officially crazy.

"Wrong."

You lowered it and pulled the trigger. He screamed out of agony, partly because of the pain, partly because he didn't think you would do it. "This is so that you'll never be able to spread anymore of your psychotic nature."

"You little shit!" he screamed. He clutched his groin area and continuing screaming. With that satisfaction, you began running with Namjoon. Or so you thought, as much as you wanted to run, it was more like limping. It was hard to navigate since you didn't know the way, but you were thankful that the sun gave you some light.

"Turn right." Namjoon said weakly. You followed his directions. The building was like a maze and you knew you didn't have much time left. You could feel the foundation rumbling beneath your feet. From the distance, you heard an explosion. The heat wave hit you from behind. After turning one more corner, you saw the door. With your last bit of energy, you sprinted for the exit. The warm air comforted your body, but you had no time to stop.

You spotted a hill to the side, that would give you enough cover. At this point, Namjoon was unconscious, his weight leaned on your body. Your legs wanted to break but you kept dragging him. The adrenaline fueled your body. The building began to collapse behind you, pieces of it flew in every direction. As you made it to the top of the hill, the blast sent you tumbling down. Namjoon fell out of your reach and your visions began to fade. Your body almost hit the dirt ground. But someone caught you.

***

Namjoon felt his body swaying, as if he's in a car. When he opened his eyes, he was met with a very angry old man.

"Hyung," he said, trying to sit up.

"Don't move. They're trying to contain your blood loss." Yoongi said coldly. Namjoon looked at his surrounding, he was in the back of an ambulance. There was a parametic beside Yoongi.

"Y/N-"

"She's fine. She's unconscious now, but she's in the ambulance ahead of us. My mom is with her."

"Okay, good-"

"What they fuck were you thinking?! Running off by yourself like that?" The shorter man yelled.

"Sir, please don't raise your voice in here." the paramedic said calmly. Yoongi composed himself before continuing.

"You could have gotten yourself killed. Or worse, you could have gotten Y/N killed. And I would have killed you for that."

"Sir, please don't threaten the patient."

"Sorry, hyung." Namjoon said. "But you wouldn't have to kill me. Because if she dies, I'd die with her."

"Whatever. I'm glad you're both relatively okay." Yoongi responded "Namjoon,"

"Yes?"

"Do you want to be with her again?"

He thought about it for a minute, there was nothing left to think about. The answer was clear. "No."