Chapter 28

It's been more than a week since the incident. Lisa's stuff is already gone. You're just glad that she's happy with Jungkook right now. Since the movie has ended, you don't really have to go to work. You've spent most of your time inside the apartment, coming up with ideas for the next movie. Taehyung calls you every few hours to make sure you were okay and you were eating properly. Right after the movie, he had to film in Japan, where he's been at this whole time. You were sure that Namjoon told him what happened, which is why the number of calls skyrocketed.

You shouldn't be alone today. But everyone was busy.

"Sorry Y/N, I have to finish my report. We can go out for dinner tomorrow" said Yoongi.

"Unnie, I have to fly out to Hong Kong for a project, it's really important. I will make it up to you someday." said Lisa.

"Jin oppa and I are taking care of the kids tonight." said Jisoo

You really have to make more friends. Guess you'll be spending today alone, working. After lunch, you decided to go out, it would be the first time since the incident. Lisa comes back to groceries so you didn't have to go outside. The weather was starting to get cooler, the leaves were changing colors. Specks of red and gold decorated the streets that you were walking on. You stopped by the local coffee shop, something you do a lot to get inspirations. You sat at one of the booth with your drink, you took out a journal and wrote down the things that you're seeing and feeling.

High school girls giggling

A man in a suit, he's on his phone, talking to someone

A girl, anxious waiting for someone

You looked up, focusing more on the girl. The front door rang, and her face lit up. A guy approached the table and gave her a tight hug. As she was going on about something, he just kept staring at her, his smile never left his face. You turned back to you drink, thinking about the past.

"Hey, I'm sorry for being late." he said. You shook your head and gave him a hug.

"That's okay, I didn't wait long." you replied. "How was class?"

"It was amazing. I learned so much about leadership skills."

"You're already an amazing leader."

"Let's not talk about the gang, tell me about your day." You complied, telling him about how Tae kept teasing Jimin about his height. Then at one point, Jimin was so pissed that he accidentally spilled all of Tae's Chanel cologne. They stopped talking to each other for 3 hours, which was a new record. You couldn't contain your laugh, and he smiled widely as he watched you retelling the story. You knew that you talk a lot about random things, but he never minded, he encourages you to talk more because he knows how shy you are.

"I love your voice." he suddenly said.

"What?"
"I think I can hear you talk forever."

"Shut up."

After finishing your drink, you began walking again. Around you, the world kept doing their business, everything was so fast. You wanted to slow down, you wanted it to rain so that someone would cry with you, to cry for you. You kept walking until you caught sight of your next stop, the bookstore. You scan the aisles, your hand barely touching the books. It stopped at The Great Gatsby. You unknowingly smile.

"You should teach me English sometimes." you said as you flipped through his textbook.

"Why?" he asked, not looking up from his homework.

"Well, I want to learn. I want to travel the world."

"But you'll have me, so I don't need to teach you." he simply said.

"C'mon, you won't always be here with me. I need to know something for myself."

He dropped his pencil and walked over to you, pinning you to the wall. "Don't you dare say I won't be with you, because I swear on my life I'll always be by your side. Forever. So no, I won't teach you English. You need me and I need you." he said, then leaning in to kiss you. You melted into his body.

You felt a single tear running down your cheeks. And it snapped you back to reality. You paid for the book, and had the worker wrapped it up with paper and a bow. The last stop was the bakery. It's been awhile since you've been here. You usually go with Jisoo when she's having a craving. Your mouth started watering as you enter, the smell hit your nose right away. You grabbed a basket and started filling it with various breads and sweet. You noticed a cheese Danish.

"Baby girl, stop being mad at me." he pleaded, you rolled your eyes and continued walking away from him. He caught up to you easily.

"Don't follow me."

"We live in the same area, I have to go this way." Damn him, he always had a clever mouth. He smirked when he saw your reaction. He reached for your hand but you slapped it away.

"Don't touch me." you yelled out.

"Baby, I swear, I didn't know. It won't happen again."

"We're engaged! You should have known that I wanted that last cheese Danish. But you had to be a pig and ate it all, without sharing!" He burst into laughter. Unable to stand up straight, he leaned against the wall for support. You glared at him and kept walking. After he was done laughing, he ran up to you.

"Baby girl, I love you. And when we get marry, I swear I will buy all the cheese Danishes in the world for you, every last one of them."

"Promise?"

"Whatever you want, I'll give it to you. If you want the moon, I'll fly to it myself. If you want the sun, I'll burn in it. I'd burn the world to search for you. I love you so damn much."

You bought everything in the basket, including some candles, and headed back to the apartment. When you got home, heated up some leftovers and began eating. To lighten the mood, you watched some of Taehyung's movies. He's so talented. It was around 9 when you finished eating. You cleared out the table and set the Danish on the plate, candle on top. You lit it up, turning off the lights.

"Happy birthday to me." you said, "I wish for things to finally fall into place." With that, you blew the candle. You were in the dark for a while, but you didn't mind. No one could see you crying. But then there was a knock on the door. It was already late, and you weren't expecting anyone. You didn't even look at the peephole when you swung the door open.

"Namjoon-"

"I tried getting off from work early. I practically had to beg Yoongi and then I had to go to the store to buy all this stuff. Sorry I'm late." he said in a single breath. You were still holding the door open, but he was already in the kitchen. As you entered, you saw him dumping the content of the groceries out on the table. Frostings, cake batter, rubber spatula.

"Namjoon, what is all of this?"

"Isn't it obvious?" he asked, holding up the cake batter box, "We're making you a birthday cake."