Chapter 30

At 10 am sharp, there was a knock on the door. You skipped to the door, adjusting your outfit before opening it. His ring around your neck. He was also wearing a casual outfit, a white tee with brown cardigan. He never needed to dress up to look good, in your eyes, he was always handsome. He held up a bouquet in front of your face.

"Here, your favorite." he said.

"You remember." you smiled, holding the bouquet close to your chest. "Come in while I place these in a vase." He nodded and followed you into the kitchen. "Why are you standing so far away?"

"Uh-I don't want to break anything." he answered. You can see some sweats on his forehead, even though it's cold outside.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Why are you asking?"

"Because you're drinking from my vase..."

He looked down at the vase that he was holding, not knowing exactly when he got it or where. "Oh my gosh, sorry. Here." he said, handing it to you. You eyed him suspiciously as you put the flowers in. Then the two of you left the apartment. You noticed that he tried to grab your hands a few times, but then decided against it.

"You can hold my hand, if you want."

"No, no, it's okay. I don't want to step over any boundaries."

"You've never been afraid of that before." you laughed.

"Well today is different. Today is important." he said, looking right ahead. He escorted you to his car and opened the door for you. It felt strangely exhilarating. He refused to tell you where he was taking you. "Pouting won't work, baby girl." That sent butterflies to your stomach. "Ah, sorry, I mean, Y/N."

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Say my name instead?"

"Because we don't have any relationship established yet. This is just a date after all. This is the stage where we get to know each other."

"Oh, I see." you said, feeling a little disappointed. But you shook off the feeling, knowing that he's trying for you. The car came to a stop, hopefully he didn't break it. But his smile indicated that you have arrived. You looked outside, it was a parking lot to a park. It was the same park where you two first met on set. It looks completely different in the sunlight. You opened the door and got out.

"No, wait!" he yelled out.

"What?"

"Get back in the car."

"What?"
"Get back in the car."

You obeyed, confused by why he was persistent. You saw him getting out of the driver's side, and went over to your side. A smile appeared when he opened your door. You stared at him in awe, so that was what he wanted to do. You couldn't help but giggle.

"You're cute." you said.

"T-thanks." he answered. The two of you walked through the entrance, he was walking a bit further away from you. It made you so confused. You thought back to your birthday last night, how he agreed immediately to your request of taking you on a first date. But today he seems so distant and it made you sad. After a while of walking, you felt some droplets on your cheeks. All around you, it began pouring down. Namjoon looked flustered as he grabbed your hand and dragged you to the nearest gazebo.

Once you were safe and dry, you noticed that he stood by the pillar on the other. You were about to say something when you sneezed. He heard and took off his jacket, draping it over your shoulder.