Chapter 33

It was around 5 pm, you laid on Namjoon's lap as the two of you watched television. He was playing with your hair and you fiddled with his free hand. You couldn't wait for the married life, everything would stay the same and you will always have him.

"What's the point of marriage?" you asked. He stopped playing with your hair.

"Are you having second thoughts?" he asked, his voice indicated that he was sad. You turned your body to look at him. Your hands caressed his cheeks.

"Joonie, no, of course not. I just want to hear your thoughts about marriage, the concept of it I guess. And what that will mean for you. I mean. For the most part, it'll be like this. The two of us together, facing the world."

"Well, yes, marriage on the surface is just the legal stuff. Legally binding the two of us together, changing your last name to mind. All that stuff. But for me, it's a step further from what we are now. It's the 3 am when I wake up and find you in my arms, and then I'll think about how beautiful you look and how you're my wife, you belong only to me. And it's when you come home late from work and I get to swift you off your feet to a hot shower, and I'll think about how lucky I am to call you mine. And it's when we have kids, and they'll call you mom, and that'll be the proudest moment of my life. So yes, it'll be just like this. But so much better."

You looked at him in awe, he has always been good with words. They held you, gave you warmth, made you more confident about the future. You pulled him down for a kiss.

"Just 300 more to go." he teased.

"Seriously Joon, this quota is impossible."

"We'll make it work, babe." he winked, and you rolled your eyes, turning your head back to the TV. You heard a knock on the door. You volunteered to get the door since Namjoon can't.

You swung the door open. "Hello-" If you had been holding something, you would have dropped it right now. You felt your heart pounding. The boy in front of you, no, the man in front of you smiled brightly when he saw you. His eyes disappeared. His chubby cheeks were replaced with a chiseled chin. His blonde hair falling neatly over his face. You've seen pictures of him, but seeing him in person was something else. He wore ripped skinny jeans and a plain black tee. Tears began to form.

"Hi, Y/N. It's been awhile." he spoke. Even his voice was a little bit deeper now, but it was still as you remember.

"Jimin!" you yelled, pulling him in for a hug. He was shocked, but hugs you right back. He was still the same height as you, something you always teased him about. "What are you doing here?"

"Hyung called me?"

"Yoongi?"

"No, I wish." Jimin said absently, but once he realized what he said, he coughed it off.  It made you laugh a little.

"I called him." you heard Namjoon shout out.

"Come in." you told Jimin. He followed you into the living room. Namjoon and him did the Clover handshake, some things never changed.

"What happened to you, hyung?" he asked.

"Long story." Namjoon answered.

"No, it wasn't. He was chasing someone, and he fell." you said, laughing. Namjoon groaned. "But Jimin, I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too. We need to spend like a week together to catch up."

"Yes! And we need to invite Tae over too. It'll be like high school. Oh, are you coming to the wedding?"

"Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll be in the city until then."

"That's awesome. I'm so happy. Oh, about what you said before, about Yoongi..."

"Oh," he said shyly, "that's kind of embarrassing."

"Do you still like him?" Namjoon asked

"Yeah." he answered.

"Wow, it's been almost a decade." you stated.

"What can I say, love has no expiration date."

"Yeah, I know what that means." Namjoon said, grabbing your hand and kissing it. You felt your face getting warmer.

"Okay, I get it, you two are in love." Jimin said, rolling his eyes.

"How about I invite oppa over for dinner? And then the rest is up to you buddy."

"I wouldn't mind that. But he's probably busy."

"It's a Friday night, he is not busy." you laughed. Then you grabbed the phone and dialed his number. "Gi, come over in an hour for dinner, got it?" Then you hung up, not letting him say anything.

"I never understood how he can deal with you. If it was any of us, he would have beaten us up." Jimin said.

"What can I say, I'm his weakness."

"And mine." added Namjoon, "But I've noticed that you never call me oppa. I am older than you."

"Oppa is ordinary. It's for everyone else. You're nowhere near ordinary for me." you answered, giving him a quick kiss before Jimin could say anything. "Okay, I gotta make dinner now. Jimin, please help me. And Namjoon...please don't break anything, including yourself."

"Yes, sir." the two of them replied at the same time.

You strolled to the fridge, checking out what's available. Good thing Lisa asked Jungkook to bring over some groceries this morning. You got the idea to make a hot pot, perfect for the weather outside. You had Jimin wash the vegetable while you cut the meat into small pieces.

"Say, Y/N," Jimin began, "I heard everything that happened from Taehyung. But tell me, are you okay?"
"Well the physical damages are gone. My scars and bruises healed, and my heart is now mended too. But I feel sad that I missed all of those years with you. We could have helped each other through college, and with our jobs. I'm just glad that we're not awkward with each other right now."

"Of course we're not. I'll always be your best friend."

"Well I think you might have to fight Tae on that. But tell me about your job."

"Oh, after the gang disbandment, I focused more on dancing. I was recruited by the national team. We were active for a few years. But now I'm went back to being a choreographer for idol groups."

"That's amazing. I'm so happy for you."

"I'm happy for you too. Writing was always your dream. And now you're getting married to the person you love. It's so inspirational."

"Well your lover will be here in like 45 minutes, and he'll kill the 3 of us if there's no food."

"How do you know he'll come?"

"As tough as he looks, he loves to be taken cared of."

"Do you think he'll be happy to see me?" Jimin asked, his voice quiet.

"Jimin, do you remember how during Clover meetings, Yoongi would let you sit behind him?"

"Yeah."

"He never lets me sit there. Or even Namjoon. That's the side he feels most vulnerable with, but he trusts you." you said. You didn't need to look to know that Jimin was smiling wide right now. He cleaned faster, even taking leads to set up the plates and everything. As the hour came to an end, there was knock on the door. Jimin jumped in his seat on the sofa. You and Namjoon gave him thumbs up and shooed him to go open the door.

"Do I look okay?" he asked.

"You look hot, go." you answered. He nodded and went to the door.

"You don't call me hot." Namjoon whined beside you.

"You don't call me hot either." you argued back.

"That's because you're beautiful, stunning, gorgeous-"

"Yeah yeah, whatever." you said, rolling your eyes. You turned your attention back to the front door, it was opened. And Jimin seemed to be frozen.

"Holy fuck." you heard Yoongi say. "Jimin."