Chapter 25

Yoongi burrowed his eyebrows, you yawned. It was late at night, but he demanded that you come over with food and beer. You were tired but still obeyed your brother's wishes. You spent the whole day dress shopping with Lisa. After trying on dozens, you finally settled on one, a simple strapless piece with lace trimmings. Lisa said it emphasized your body shape. You wished your mom could come help, but she was feeling ill. She'll be there for the wedding for sure.

Lay's parents unfortunately won't be coming. It was such a short notice for them to arrange the trip. But Lay said that after you guys got marry in Korea, you can fly to China and have a traditional Chinese wedding.

"Y/N," Yoongi spoke, "Are you sure you're ready for this? Marriage, I mean."

"You agreed to let me get marry before. This isn't any different."

"Of course it is. This is insane." he said, his voice raised a bit.

"Yoongi, my wedding is less than 2 months away. I think it's a little late to tell me this." you laughed, but he remained serious.

"But you barely know the guy."

"I know that he makes me happy, and he loves me. That's all that matters."

"But do you love him?"

"Of course I do."

"You hesitated." he pointed out. You mentally cursed yourself for not being confident about this. You should be, marriage is what you want.

"I don't need to prove this to you. I already picked out a dress, and we've already decided on a venue, the only thing we need to do is sent out the invitations. I'm going to marry him." You were honestly annoyed that he would ask you this right now. After the proposal, the Internet went crazy. Your mom immediately called you, to confirm that it was real. She was hesitant, but then congratulated you. Yoongi didn't seem to care at the moment, that's how he normally is. But recently, he's been questioning you more and you couldn't understand why. He likes Lay.

You haven't seen Namjoon at all. Yoongi said he went on an assignment and hasn't heard the news yet, but he'll find out eventually. Part of you wanted him to know, for him to feel hurt. But then that wouldn't be fair to him, or you.

Yoongi thought about something for awhile, and then said, "I know I've been a shitty brother all my life. I've lied to you, hurt you. But... will you let me walk you down the aisle?"

Your eyes began to water, and you jumped from your seat to hug him. Words wouldn't come out of you, so instead you nodded into his shoulder.

You spent the rest of the time eating and drinking. You called Lay to tell him that you wouldn't come home tonight, you'll stay in Yoongi's room while he stays in Namjoon's. When you woke up, you headed to the kitchen for a drink of water. You jumped when you saw someone already in there. He sat at the table, eating some breakfast. He was in his uniform.

"Hi." he said. You nodded and moved to the fridge. "I heard about your engagement, congratulations." His voice was low, somber.

"Thank you." you said.

"Y/N, just be careful, okay?"

"Of what?" you asked.

"Of Lay."

You looked at him, expecting him to be joking. "Are you telling me to be careful of my fiance right now?"

"I didn't mean it that way-"

"Then what? Jesus, Namjoon, can't we just have one good day."

"I haven't had a good day since you started dating him."

"That's not my fault. You chose to walk away from me."

"And it was the dumbest thing I ever did."

"But you did it anyways. And now we're here. And that's how we'll always be for the rest of our lives."

"Y/N, you don't know him! You can't possibly marry him." he punched the wall beside him. You were glad that Yoongi is a deep sleeper.

"Namjoon I thought I knew you. But it turned out I really didn't. I don't know you at all. And I wish I never did."

Namjoon sprinted for the door and slammed it, you jumped at the sound, tears rolling down your cheeks. Why was he making you doubt yourself? He shouldn't have this power over you, but he does. It kills you to see him so sad, so hurt, so disappointed in you. You shouldn't have said that, it was too harsh and you didn't believe any of that. If there was one person who you wish you was in your life, the answer will always be Kim Namjoon.